How To Deal With Haters

How To Deal With Haters

How I've learned to deal with negativity.

46
How To Deal With Haters
Google.com

Haters. We've all had one or two at least once in our lives. You could be the nicest person in the world and never hurt a fly, yet there will always be that one person who seems to consume their time talking about you in a negative way. Not everyone is going to like you, whether you're a good person or not.

As my second semester of college is coming to an end, I've really learned so much not only academically but socially. Wherever you go, there will always be haters. Jealousy, hatred, negativity, and gossip don't end after high school. Unfortunately, adults aren't any better than teenagers sometimes. Although, I've experienced much less drama and negativity than I did in high school.

I no longer have the patience, as I'm sure neither do you, for people who constantly speak about me in a negative manner. Especially when

1. They don't really even know me.

2. They definitely aren't perfect, nor are they any better than I am.

3. It's constant, they completely consume and spend their time gossiping/talking/trashing not only me but others as well. It's a pass-time for them.

I used to deal with situations like this in wrong ways. I'd either take what they say quite seriously to the point that I'd change myself for them (which you should never ever do) or I'd get angry and say a mouthful of negative things--which means stooping down to their level; doing the same thing they're doing.

You absolutely cannot fight fire with fire. I don't know how many times I've had to learn this lesson the hard way. By getting angry, reacting, and lashing out, you are simply giving them exactly what they want. Not only are you giving them what they want, you're doing the same exact thing that they're doing. They want to rile you up, they want to upset you.

Most of the time it's so hard to kill malicious people with kindness, I'll be the first to admit that. No one instinctively reacts that way. But if you take a step back and think about it for a moment, reacting with class, grace, and positivity instead of impulse you can really make a much larger impact. I've finally come to terms with that.

I will no longer let the unnecessary opinions and negative words of others get to me.

So what I have to say to them is I'm me and I'm happy with being me. I don't want to be you, and I definitely will not change myself for you. What you think of me is completely irrelevant especially when you don't know me, my everyday life, or what I've been through. For you to consistently feel the need to trash me on a daily basis is something internally wrong with you, and I honestly feel sorry for you.

I leave you with a few of my favorite quotes at the moment:

"Evil people relish malicious conversation; the ears of liars itch for dirty gossip." -Proverbs 17:4

"Let them judge you, let them misunderstand you, let them gossip about you. Their opinions aren't your problem. You stay kind, committed to love, and free in your authenticity. No matter what they do or say don't you dare doubt your worth or the beauty of your truth. Just keep on shining like you do."

"I sit back and observe every person in my life, whether we talk everyday or not. i know who motivates me and keeps it 100. I also know who talks about me and smiles to my face. I know who I can trust and who I need to keep a distance with. whether I say anything or let you be fake, I know."

"You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with so be brave enough to let go of those who keep weighing you down."