Life Threatening Diseases Wipe Humanity

7 Deadly Diseases That Are Capable Of Population Destruction

Ever wonder what life-threatening diseases exist out there? Well, here are a few of the deadliest that are capable of killing a significant portion of the human population.

28
Instagram / the_people_resist

When thinking of what could potentially end the human race, war and natural disasters aren't the only things that are the deadliest. Many incurable diseases are capable of creating just as much damage as any other destructive events.

1. Influenza

Flus, such as swine flu, are occurring more and more often. Though they might not seem like much, they can wipe out large portions of the population due to the increasing concentration of people in areas. This allows for diseases such as swine flu to be more contagious and can lead to a pandemic.

2. Ebola

Instagram

Ebola, one of the most severe diseases to ever affect humans, can be one of the leading diseases that can kill multiple humans. It is said to have been spread to humans through animals, such as bats, that previously carried the Ebola virus. However, now it can be spread from human to human through the bodily fluids, such as saliva and blood.

3. Bubonic Plague

The Bubonic Plague, also known as the Black Death, is one of the most fatal and terrifying diseases to have ever affected humanity. The outbreak in the 14th century in Europe wiped out around 75 million people. Although there is a cure available, it is expensive and not accessible everywhere.

4. HIV/AIDS

Instagram

Instagram/HIV/procuramed

HIV, while not killing people by itself, significantly affects a person's health. HIV deteriorates one's immune system and opens the door for many other diseases. Because of the weak immune system, the person is more susceptible to death by these diseases. Even the simplest infection or disease can kill the person.

5. The Marburg Virus

Instagram

Instagram/marburgvirus/niaid

This virus is very similar to that of the Ebola virus. They're both spread through bodily fluids and can spread from fruit bats. The fruit bats, while unaffected themselves from the Marburg virus they carry, can infect multiple others species other than humans, such as monkeys. The first occurrence of this virus was through the contact of an infected monkey, which in turn infected a few lab workers.

6. Malaria

Instagram

Malaria does not directly spread from person to person. When a mosquito bites a person with malaria, it also gets infected and is then able to infect another person through its bite. The disease then quickly infects the rest of the body, making it quite life-threatening. While there is a cure available, it is not accessible across the globe, especially in third-world countries.

7. MeaslesĀ 

Measles is an extremely contagious virus which spreads through sneezing and coughing. It can be prevented through vaccinations. Recently, however, outbreaks have caused havoc in communities with people who were not vaccinated against measles.