"Dead By Daylight" Is The Horror Experience You've Been Dreading

Survive the Entity's trials alone or with friends in this asymmetric horror game

176

Behaviour Interactive has officially revived the asymmetric multiplayer genre with their horror/cooperative game entitled "Dead by Daylight." In this game, up to five players can compete in Survivor vs. Killer matches. Pulled into an alternate reality by a malevolent deity known as The Entity, the four seemingly regular survivors and one killer must fight to either escape the area or eliminate all the survivors, respectively.

Survivors must repair generators to open their gates of salvation and escape from the clutches of death. Each character has their own stats, skills, and tools to help aid in their survival against the beast they've been trapped with.

The Killer, on the other hand, has to take out all four Survivors to end the game and claim their victory. Behaviour Interactive has even had some Killers and Survivors appear from licensed properties, such as the malevolent Micheal Myers from "Halloween," the dream demon Freddy Krueger from "A Nightmare on Elm Street," and Jigsaw's apprentice Amanda Young from the "Saw" series.

Fear plays a large part in the overall gameplay, seeing as one of the features of the game is the Heartbeat Radius. Survivors will start to hear their own heart beating the closer that the Killer is to them, which increases tension and fear exponentially. The main attraction most fans enjoy is the fact that the Killer is an actual person, not a program or line of code that's set to follow a specific pattern. They're playing against another real human being that is stronger, faster, and deadlier than they are. Will you rely on the help of your teammates or your resourcefulness as a sole survivor to escape from the claws of death?

In the end, the choice is ultimately up to you.

"Dead by Daylight" was recently featured as one of Sony's free games for August of 2018 for their PlayStation Plus program. Because of this, the community has grown exponentially and is overwhelmingly supportive of the development team, who are always churning out new content for fans to experience.

The community has such a big reach that even Jamie Lee Curtis, the actress that played Laurie Stroade in the 1978 original "Halloween," joined several YouTubers to host a charity stream entitled "IndieLand" with all proceeds going to the Open Hand Foundation to help fund Dementia research.

"Dead by Daylight" is a fantastic experience, whether you're flying solo or playing with a group of friends, you're sure to find plenty of thrills and chills that will keep you up at night.