A Day In My Life

A Day In My Life

Welcome to what it is like being given a 16-year-old girl

2
A Day In My Life
Lutzoofgreens.com

Every school day, my alarm goes off at 6:55 A.M. I press snooze twice, then finally get up at 7:05 A.M. After I willingly get out of my very comfortable, very warm bed, I put some school clothes on. My outfits range from a simple jeans and t-shirt combination to a nice dress with leggings. After I am dressed, I do my daily makeup routine. This usually consists of foundation, some type of fancy eye shadow thing, mascara, lipstick and a sad attempt to contour and highlight my face. After I have clogged all of my pores, I head to the restroom and brush my teeth. Once my teeth are ever-so-shiny, I get my keys and go and sit in my car until it warms up and my windshield is defrosted.

I drive down the same three roads to school every morning and I listen to news just like any normal 16-year-old girl does. My drive to the best school in the world, Sequoyah High School, is about 8 minutes (give or take a few, depending on traffic.) I typically arrive at school around 7:45, and when I pull in the school parking lot, I try my best not to run over my fellow peers who think it is perfectly acceptable to walk as slow as they possibly can in the middle of the road. I then walk the long track from the junior lot to the school which is very chilly during these recent winter mornings. Usually, as soon as I walk into school, my glasses fog up because of the temperature change. In case you were wondering, it is really fun to walk through the gym lobby (where you enter from the junior lot) without being able to see.

My glasses are usually transparent again after about 30 seconds and I walk straight to my second home: the chorus room. Sure, I have to walk through a sea of band students that crowd the fine arts hall but I am always relieved when I am greeted by the many loud chorus students and the warm welcome of the piano and risers. Once I have said hello to my plethora of friends, I put away what I don't need on my officer shelf which I have obtained by being the Sequoyah Chorus Historian of 2016-2017. After I socialize for as long as possible, I leave the chorus room at 8:11 sharp and head straight to the class I dread. Pre-Calculus.

As a junior, I have to start thinking about college this year. This means I have to be a well-rounded student, which includes taking rigorous classes. This year I am blessed with taking Honors Pre-Calculus first period, Physics second period, AP U.S. History third period, Chorus fourth period, AP Music Theory fifth period, lunch sixth period and AP Language seventh period. After all of my classes, I may have Sequoyah Singers Mixed Rehearsal that I am required to attend or maybe I will go home.

If the latter, once I return to my home I will please myself with my daily chores or perhaps I will do some work for my father's company. After I finish my working and/or chores. It will either be time for dinner or time to start my homework. If it is time for homework, I will light my wonderful smelling candle and start my homework. This usually consists of doing a couple pages of math, preparing for some kind of APUSH debate/seminar/discussion, a theory worksheet and studying for a quiz or test that the next day will give me.

After my homework, there is typically only a short period of free time because I enjoy going to bed at a reasonable hour. When my free time is over I will either take a shower or wash my face and go to bed.

As you can see, being a junior in high school is tough. I am always very busy so please be mindful of that.

Of course, my life isn't nearly dramatic, boring or difficult as I have made it out be. It is important to remember that we all have things going on in life and times be courteous of this, but we should all learn to lighten up and have some spontaneous fun every once and a while. This holiday season, have some fun and get in the groove of getting out of your normal groove. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!