A Day In Disneyland

A Day In Disneyland

The Experience Of A Magical Day

20
A Day In Disneyland
Graham Gibson

7:50 AM. People are crowded around the opening gates and as you and your best friend look around you see various different things. Parents drinking Starbucks coffee, children jumping around with excitement, and a cool breeze as the sun warms the day. The countdown begins and as the countdown hits zero, the gates open and people rush into Magic Kingdom, a magical day begins. Some will go straight to certain rides to get fast passes to rides like Space Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean while others go for a late breakfast or start their Disney shopping spree early.

The Magic Kingdom Castle is in front of you and it sparkles in the sunlight with the flags blowing in the breeze. Tomorrowland is to your right and people are walking towards Space Mountain and to your left, a crowd walks to Frontierland to have the experience of the American Old West of the 19th century. In front of you, children lead their parents to Fantasyland, walking through the castle. As the morning goes on, the breeze slowly dies away and the heat comes as fast as the people. After going through the attractions in Tomorrowland a couple different times, it is almost 10:30 so you decide to grab something to eat. There is many choices with small little cafes such as the Carnation Café on Main Street, U.S.A. where you can watch the scene of the eyes of the little ones grow with excitement as the parents smile, knowing that they are making lasting memories.

Leaving the café, you decide to start your own Disney shopping spree on Main Street. Walking into the first shop, everything Disney lies before your eyes. From Mickey Mouse hats to souvenir pens, prices ranging from $50 plus to a couple of dollars. The shops are all over, and items within the shop vary depending on the part of the park. Tomorrowland includes a station to build your own light saber, and other products from the mysteries of space. Frontierland shops include cowboy hats, toy guns, gear to be just like Indiana Jones, and old candy shops that would have been seen in the American Old West. You walk to Adventureland and to look at the different shops that all share pirate merchandise, based on Pirates of the Caribbean. While in Adventureland, you decide to check out the Pirates of the Caribbean ride with the line growing by the minute. Waiting in line, the theme song plays over and over and gets stuck in your head just like every other Disney song playing throughout the park. Finally arriving at the end of the line, you step into the boat with small puddles of water on the seat. After "Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me!" stuck in your head as it repeated over and over during the battle at sea and sightings of Jack Sparrow, it is 12:00 and you are considering two options: Going to lunch at a nearby restaurant in Adventureland or New Orleans Square but the heat is also starting to reach a high so you could also join the line at Splash Mountain. What you do is your choice to make your day a magical one. Going to Lunch in New Orleans would provide the experience of 19th century New Orleans and Mardi Gras while also giving you the spookiness of The Haunted Mansion. Heading towards Splash Mountain, you would see the logs coming down the top of the mountain while fathers have their unexpecting Mother-In-Laws stand in the splash zone to take pictures, huge waves of water crashing over the railing and into the splash zone.

The various parks have become much more lively as the day has moved on. Fantasyland is alive with the sound of laughing kids as they go about meeting classic Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Pluto. A length of people surround the classic Disney storybook rides like Snow White, which takes you through the story of Snow White taking care of the seven dwarves, only to have an evil queen trick Snow White into eating a poisoned apple, putting her into a deep sleep that only a kiss could awaken. As the Prince kisses Snow White, celebration occurs and riders are sent back into the blinding sunlight of Anaheim, California. Looking around Fantasyland, there is so much to see and so much to do. Tea cups in the back, storybook rides around every corner, the catchy tune of "It's A Small World Afterall," and masses of people and food venders. While there is such large crowds, it is just part of the magic: Everyone there to create everlasting memories. The day goes on and in just close to an hour, everyone will stand on the streets to watch one of the most magical attractions that Disneyland has to offer: Mickey's Soundsational Parade. Whimsical floats and characters from The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Peter Pan, Aladdin, and other Disney worlds alike. You head back to Frontierland to see the best of the parade. People sit on the sidewalks from Frontierland to Main Street U.S.A.. Kids jump around coming out of the candy shop but nothing compares to the excitement they have when the parade starts.

The announcer comes on the speakers and introduces the start of the parade. The band members come out followed by the endless stream of floats with the various Disney characters. By the time the parade ends, it is 5:15, yet the different parts of the park are still coming alive. You and your best friend decide to go eat dinner with a group of friends you have run into, so may options so many environments. Café Orleans on New Orleans Square will provide a French Quarter flair and links past and present. The Plaza Inn that sits on Main Street and provides the chance to dine with the characters, enhancing the magic. After dinner as fantasyland and frontierland die down, New Orleans and Tomorrowland come more alive than ever as Space Mountain lights up and the 19th century New Orleans Square bands come out to perform. The fireworks show begins at 9:30 so you decide to go join one of the longest of the day standing outside Space Mountain. It is getting darker outside and much cooler as well, but not as dark or cool as you get into your rocket on Space Mountain. The atmosphere is pitch black so riders can see the stars and a cart that goes 28 mph constantly whips your hair back for the 2 minute and 30 second duration. Getting off Space Mountain for the third time and standing in line in conversation , almost 3 hours has passed from the near hour lines and it is almost time for the fireworks show in front of Magic Kingdom Castle. You and your friends decide to go and get ice cream at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor before watching the fireworks.

With ice cream in hand, you and your friends move towards the front of the caste to get a good view of the mesmerizing fireworks show. Not the first people there but not the last. The conversations between you and your friends as you recount the day and as the conversation goes on, the people start to gather and as another announcer comes on the speakers, silence falls as everybody waits in anticipation. Some children look on enchanted while others sleep in strollers or on their parents shoulders. The burst of colors and booming "Bangs!" begin. The fireworks take on all sorts of different shapes from smiley faces to the outline of Mickey Mouse. The colors light up the bricks of Magic Kingdom Castle, making it sparkle in the night and as the fireworks end, so does a very enchanted, cheerful, and certainly magical day.

7:50 AM. People are crowded around the opening gates and as you and your best friend look around you see various different things. Parents drinking Starbucks coffee, children jumping around with excitement, and a cool breeze as the sun warms the day. The countdown begins and as the countdown hits zero, the gates open and people rush into Magic Kingdom, a magical day begins. Some will go straight to certain rides to get fast passes to rides like Space Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean while others go for a late breakfast or start their Disney shopping spree early.

The various parks have become much more lively as the day has moved on. Fantasyland is alive with the sound of laughing kids as they go about meeting classic Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Pluto. A length of people surround the classic Disney storybook rides like Snow White, which takes you through the story of Snow White taking care of the seven dwarves, only to have an evil queen trick Snow White into eating a poisoned apple, putting her into a deep sleep that only a kiss could awaken. As the Prince kisses Snow White, celebration occurs and riders are sent back into the blinding sunlight of Anaheim, California. Looking around Fantasyland, there is so much to see and so much to do. Tea cups in the back, storybook rides around every corner, and masses of people and food venders. While there is such large crowds, it is just part of the magic: Everyone there to create everlasting memories. The day goes on and in just close to an hour, everyone will stand on the streets to watch one of the most magical attractions that Disneyland has to offer: Mickey's Soundsational Parade. Whimsical floats and characters from The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Peter Pan, Aladdin, and other Disney worlds alike. You head back to Frontierland to see the best of the parade. People sit on the sidewalks from Frontierland to Main Street U.S.A.. Kids jump around coming out of the candy shop but nothing compares to the excitement they have when the parade starts.

The announcer comes on the speakers and introduces the start of the parade. The band members come out followed by the endless stream of floats with the various Disney characters. By the time the parade ends, it is 5:15, yet the different parts of the park are still coming alive. You and your best friend decide to go eat dinner with a group of friends you have run into, so may options so many environments. Café Orleans on New Orleans Square will provide a French Quarter flair and links past and present. The Plaza Inn that sits on Main Street and provides the chance to dine with the characters, enhancing the magic. After dinner as fantasyland and frontierland die down, New Orleans and Tomorrowland come more alive than ever as Space Mountain lights up and the 19th century New Orleans Square bands come out to perform. The fireworks show begins at 9:30 so you decide to go join one of the longest of the day standing outside Space Mountain. It is getting darker outside and much cooler as well, but not as dark or cool as you get into your rocket on Space Mountain. The atmosphere is pitch black so riders can see the stars and a cart that goes 28 mph constantly whips your hair back for the 2 minute and 30 second duration. Getting off Space Mountain and going to a galaxy far far away through Star Tours a couple different times, almost 3 hours has passed from the near hour lines and it is almost time for the fireworks show in front of Magic Kingdom Castle. You and your friends decide to go and get ice cream at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor before watching the fireworks.