Dating Advice Told By Yours Truly

Dating Advice Told By Yours Truly

The dos and don'ts of dating.

7
Dating Advice Told By Yours Truly

1. Be yourself.

You've done a pretty good job this far which is what caught his attention. There is absolutely no need to try to be someone else just because he asked you out to dinner.

2. Don't spill your food or drink on yourself or your date.

Accidents happen, but try to not let this happen. Be very careful with your surroundings because trust me, IT CAN HAPPEN.

3. Don't cancel last minute.

The other person has most likely been planning out the evening so be nice and DO NOT CANCEL (unless it's absolutely necessary). The boy has spent time putting together the date, while the girl has spent time worrying about what outfit to wear.

4. Plan outfit accordingly.

Even if it's a surprise, plan what you're wearing based off of what you know. You don't want to over do it or be under dressed. Therefore, make sure you look nice regardless of what you wear because you never know what the outcome may be.

5. Don't stare at him.

It will make him feel uncomfortable and probably scare him away.

6. Use utensils.

We are not animals. Eat using utensils. Don't you dare try helping yourself with your hands when you can't get food on your fork.

7. Put the napkin on your lap.

It's classic table manners. Just do it.

8. Don't expect too much.

High expectations can lead to disappointments. Be happy that you get to spend time with the person and let everything flow. This will guarantee you having a lovely time.

9. If you're going to wear heels, make sure you can walk in them.

Many girls wear heels and have no idea how to walk in them. Not to sound harsh, but you look stupid. Don't wear heels if you cannot walk in them. There is nothing wrong with nice boots or flats!

10. Don't get too personal.

That would be really weird.

11. Don't boast.

No one likes to hear someone speak about themselves the entire time. Sure, it's nice to mention an accomplishment or two but remember to be humble!

12. Don't drink alcohol.

Sure, a glass of wine is nice, but that could potentially lead to more drinks. The more drinks you have, the greater the possibility of it ending in a shit show.

13. Don't bite your nails or play with your hair.

It makes you look like an airhead or animal.

14. Don't try to flirt too hard.

He already asked you out on a date...

15. Let him walk you to the door.

Sometimes guys consider it to be their big moment. Let him walk you to the door. It makes both of you feel good no matter what happens next.

16. Don't be on your phone.

Spend time with the person. Get to know him. You better not look at your phone unless it's an emergency! It makes the other person feel unimportant.

17. Don't scare him away.

He won't come back, and you won't get to have another lovely evening.

18. Don't talk about your ex-boyfriends.

No one likes to think they're competing for your attention. Leave the past in the past. Who cares about those idiots!

19. Don't assume date one leads to date two.

You are still getting to know each other. Sometimes it doesn't always go the way we plan. Just be yourself and see what similar characteristics you both have. It's ok if a second date doesn't happen!

20. THE MOST IMPORTANT: Remember to gossip to your suitemates afterwards.

No explanation necessary.