7 Dating Profile Tips To Give You 7 New Matches Immediately

We could all use some work on our profiles.

9

If you've ever experienced swiping through a dating app, there are a few glaring mistakes that anyone can notice over and over again. However, that doesn't stop anyone from making them. I'm by no means an expert on the matter, but if I can share a few annoying things that I consistently see on dating apps to help someone out, then I'll be happy to do so.

1. Ditch 'The Office'

I would be an actual millionaire if I scrolled through any dating app and got a dollar every time I saw someone mention 'The Office.' (Bonus points for "Looking for the Pam to my Jim" or "I quote from 'The Office' too much"). I get it. It's a funny show. Most people have seen it and collectively agree on that. However, if you include 'The Office' in your profile, I will almost definitely assume that you don't have a personality and certainly, don't have a sense of humor other than quoting from 'The Office'. This is a big nope from me and I very rarely if ever swipe on someone who includes 'The Office' in their bio.

2. Stop making group photos your first photo

If you do this, every single time I will assume you are the least attractive person in the group photo. I may not even put in the effort to figure out if that's not the case. If you wanna give yourself the best chance possible, then make your cover photo a nice, clear, recent photo of you.

3. Be clear about what you're looking for

A lot of times, people are using dating apps for a specific purpose. As someone who uses dating apps looking for a relationship and not hookups, let me tell you it's entirely annoying to have to decipher a "down for whatever" or "not sure what I'm looking for" in a bio. If you're looking for hookups, SAY THAT. If you're looking for a relationship, SAY THAT. And please mean what you say.

4. Come up with something original

Yes, the "review" bio was funny the first time I saw it. But if I see one more review from your grandma on how great of a person you are, I'll scream. No one likes a joke thief so come up with your own. It's more interesting when you say something that shows who you are as a person and gives some insight into your personality. If stealing jokes is your entire personality, then make sure to let potential matches know to swipe left right off the bat.

5. Stop with the Snapchat filters

Keep the Snap filters to your Snapchat. Unless you've somehow physically grown the dog ears and tongue, then just leave it off. They probably aren't your best pictures anyway and they're taking up space of what could be representing you better.

6. Make sure your photos are representative of yourself

No one likes a catfish. Make sure that the photos you include of yourself are recent and clear enough that someone could get a general idea of what you look like. Also, make sure to include more than just one or two photos of yourself. If you don't have that many, it can be a fun hangout session with your friends to have a little dating app photo shoot.

7. Be yourself

I know this sounds cliche, but really it's the best advice for whatever you're looking for on a dating app, or anywhere really. Put yourself out there and see who picks up what you're putting down. You'll only get what you aren't looking for if you aren't being genuine.