10 Virtual Date Ideas When You're Stuck At Home

It's not the same as long-distance.

313

Quarantine dating is NOT the same as long-distance. I don't care what anyone says. Not being able to see each other for an indefinite period due to a terrifying, potentially world-altering reason is nothing like moving to another town. You run out of things to talk about because nothing at all is happening in your respective lives, and the days just seem to dredge on. Doing some fun things together while apart can keep it fresh and interesting! I wanted to offer some ideas for couples struggling with their newfound separation.

1. FaceTime Dinner

Dress up and set up nice meals on FaceTime! Pretend you're at a restaurant and talk about random subjects. Try to go abstract, philosophical, or deep/personal in your discussions.

2. Movie Night

Download Netflix Party and watch a movie together!

3. Games

You can use iMessage games or another platform, but competing with each other is a fun way to bond.

4. 20 Questions

This is sooo middle school, but you can find tons of other "get to know you" games like this that are more interesting/relevant that will help you get to know each other better. Especially for couples who have been together for a long time, you can learn things about each other that you never knew before!

5. Cooking Challenge

See who can cook the best-looking meal with random ingredients from their kitchen. Recreate top chef! You can also just cook "together" on FaceTime.

6. Virtual Tour

Lots of museums have free virtual tours! FaceTime and look through them on your laptops.

7. Make a Post-Quarantine Bucket List.

When life resumes, you're gonna wanna do everything! Think of fun things you've been wanting to do and write them down! It will give you something to look forward to as well.

8. Mail Love Letters to Each Other

So romantic and thoughtful! Pour your heart out! Words of affirmation are very important! Make sure to sanitize them if you take them out of the mailbox within 24 hours (ish) of its delivery.

9. Watch the Same TV Show

Watch or read the same series, designate amount of episodes/chapters, and discuss once a week!

10. Watch the Sunset/Sunrise Together

FaceTime and enjoy the stars, nature, sunset, or sunrise together! This can be a nice way to reconnect to nature and feel hopeful about the future. This too shall pass.

From Your Site Articles