5 Expectations Of Dates For My Future 'Love Life' VS What Will Probably Actually Happen

Chick-Fil A is a life saver.

112
Flickr Creative Commons

1. Where we met

Expectation: Meeting at a fancy ball, him asking me to dance, and falling in love at first sight.

Reality: Probably meeting on a mutual friend's facebook post.

2. Our first date

Expectation: A first date in the back of his truck full of pillows, watching the sunset and stargazing.

Reality: Getting a cheap meal at Chick Fil A because I'm broke AF.

3. Cliché or Denny's?

Expectation: Our second date walking in the park on a sunny morning, holding hands, and looking at pretty flowers.

Reality: Stuffing our faces at Denny's, because who needs exercise first thing in the morning?

4. Netflix for days

Expectation: Date 3: A romantic dinner and a seeing a Rom-Com afterward

Reality: Another cheap meal and watching "Friends" on the couch after

5. Flowers or nah

Expectation: Date 4: Him buying me flowers and asking me out officially

Reality: Me hinting that he SHOULD HAVE bought me flowers and being asked out via text message.