Dance, Dance, Dance

Dance, Dance, Dance

Everyone’s got moves when the bass drops.

53
Dance, Dance, Dance
Club 201

There are as many types of dancers in the world as types of personalities. Some people sway back and forth, letting the music flow around them. Others fling their arms and legs in a seemingly irregular manner, the pattern known only to them. Dance can be beautiful and sensual and awkward and comedic. From middle school to college party, here are the different types of dancers you might encounter.

1. The Head Banger Awkward Sway-er

This is the guy (or girl, but usually guy) at the edge of parties bobbing his head to the beat of the music. This is the guy obviously uncomfortable in a circle of girls, swaying a bit in the vain hope of blending in.

2. The Full Body Experience

Head, shoulders, knees and toes this person jumps, wiggles, and twitches. They have not a care in the world what they look like and are just down to have a good time.

3. The Singer

This person sings and/or raps at the top of their lungs to the music, perfectly on beat but not always in tune. Usually some body motion accompanies the lyrics in an interpretive dance-esque manner.

4. The Actually Good Dancer

They know they’re good and they’re not afraid to show it. Guy or girl, they have the moves to put everyone to shame. Somehow, their movements add to the music, building on it.

5. The Ordinary Joe

Not everyone likes to dance, wants to dance, or has fun dancing. Some people go for the social aspect, and some people go because they have to. Maybe they are nervous at first and then they warm up a bit and start to have fun surrounded by their friends, all anxious together.

Dance is for everyone, but not everyone is for dance. That’s OK. I’ll be over here moving to the beat of the drums, doing my best imitation of a baby goat on some sort of substance.