Daily Life Of A Marine In The School House

Every freakin' day. Yeah right Marine! You know there's no escaping it!

1542

School House - aka MOS School. It's you're little more than half way point between being a recruit and being a fleet Marine. Here's a little glimpse of a day in the life of a school house Marine...

0430 wake up and look at the time and think "fuck...another day"
0500 you finally get around to getting on your PT gear - green t-shirt, annoying green shorts, white socks, sneakers, a glow belt, and camel pack.
0515 morning formation. Usually filled with tired as shit Marines and one or two way too motivated motivators.
0520 PT which is uaully a 2-5 mile run or whatever your platoon Sergeant feels like putting your class through
0600 finally done PT
0605 quick shower, and change into camies for the rest of the day
0615 run to chow
0630 run back to your room because you forgot your pack
0700 form up with your class to march to wherever your class is
0730 sit down in class and wonder why the hell you're doing this
0830 head, smoke, or hip break. AKA your time to wake the hell up
0845 sit back in class and try not to sleep
0945 head, smoke, or dip break - like seriously bro, wake the hell up!
1000 back in class
1100 maybe released for chow if you're lucky
1130 sit down at the chow hall and scarf everything down
1200 go back to your room or the barracks smoke pit to catch a quick nap
1230 form up with class to march back to wherever your class is
1300 seated in class by 1300
1400 head, smoke, dip break
1415 class again..
1515 head, smoke, dip break
1530 class... last time
1630 released from class to march to formation
1700 formation and possible chat with First Sergeant
1730 released for chow
1800-2130 libo... you can almost do whatever you want. Eat, relax, dip (that's what most of us do) but then you have those motivators who go to the gym, study, or iron their uniforms. If you really want to be motivated, you'd roll your sleeves... but hell, they're good enough from yesterday that no one will notice.
2145 evening formation
2200 finally get to your room, quick shower, last minute studying... maybe some netflix because face it, you have nothing better to do
2300 you finally hit the rack ready to knock out
2315 you're friends back home feel like talking...and you can't blow em' off cause you've been down here for how many months and haven't seen them since your 10 days leave from boot camp.
0000 seriously... go to bed
0015 ok sleep
0100 no really...sleep

WAKE UP AT 0430 AND REPEAT
Applies for every day except Thurday (field day)
Field Day is as followed

1730 released for chow
1745-2130 clean your room until there isn't a speck of dust, until there isn't one bit of rust on your floor. Until you could drink the water out of your toilet, and the black mold is out of the head. Until you're rack is damn perfect, and you've bleached every damn inch of your room. Not to mention air freshener...
If you've never seen a 19 year old excited about a Swiffer Wet Jet... you haven't seen the Marine Corps...

Welcome to the Marine Corps...where you somehow figure out how to function on very minimal sleep. Where you eat whenever you're not sleeping, smoking, dipping, or working. Where the word "skate" has a totally different meaning. Where you somehow get pissed off at the tiniest things and learn how to curse like a sailor...or even worse because you're a Marine.
Yet everytime you talk to family or friends you say you're "fine" even though your 19-21 years old and your body feels like it's 50. You know you're gonna turn into that salty Lance Corporal, Corporal, or Sergeant one day...and God if you make it to Staff Sergeant or Gunny...boy, you done made it.