Reading My Horoscope Every Day Has Changed Me For The Better

I've never been more self-aware about my life as a whole than before.

61

I am a firm believer in signs and things happening for a reason. And before you might roll your eyes and think that this is BS, just hear me out.

When I was younger and would see multiple coincidental things or events happening in my life, my mom would always tell me that it was a sign and that I was either "on the right path" or that there was a deeper meaning behind these events. As a kid, I of course thought this was dumb and didn't believe in the possibility of signs, because I thought everything was just a mere coincidence and that there was no way these "signs" accurately knew the ins and outs of my life and were accurate in any aspect. But on the other hand, I did find reading horoscopes to be interesting, and it wasn't until later on when I realized how both of these things were interconnected.

Before I developed the habit of reading my horoscope daily, I was always obsessed with going through multiple Twitter threads and accounts of the different astrology signs. Whether it was finding out which "X" I was based on my star sign (even if it was something along the lines of which ice cream topping I was), or discovering my sign's strengths and weaknesses, I was always fascinated with what exact traits were associated with my sign (Capricorns FTW) and how it could be related to my actual life.

About a year ago, I discovered two apps, DailyHoroscope and Co-Star, that could each send you personal daily updates about your sign and what was new in that particular day for you. Because I already had somewhat of an interest in astrology and horoscopes, I decided to download both of these apps and learn more about myself and how I should carry-on through my life each day. DailyHoroscope offers a different message for you on each day about what you might be experiencing and why, as well as how you should respond or react to these things, where as Co-Star sends you updates about the changes and struggles you're undergoing, as well as the areas of your life that might provide luck. After a year of using both of these apps and taking in the information they give me, I can honestly say that reading my horoscope has changed me for the better, because everything I've read from both of these has been some important type of sign in my life that I needed to read or understand in order to grow as an individual.

Reading my horoscope daily has offered me insight on certain aspects of my life that I might have not noticed were present had I not checked my horoscope. There have been times where I'll read my daily update and realize that it's almost completely accurate to how I'm currently feeling, and from there I'm able to look at the situation in a different way just from the advice that the app provides you. It's allowed me to feel more aware about my emotions and anything I might be currently struggling with, and lets me take a tiny step back to assess the situation and why I might be feeling these things, as well as how to move forward. And if I'm having a bad day, just reading a simple message that I have some type of luck or opportunity coming my way keeps me hopeful and positive.

I know that some people find these things to be fake or don't necessarily believe in horoscopes/astrology in general, but believe me when I say that just from reading my daily horoscopes, I have never been more self-aware or in-sync with my life than before. In all honesty, whether you believe in reading horoscopes or not, staying up-to-date with your life and having this knowledge about your emotional life is more important and beneficial to your mental health than you think. If you're constantly in denial over something that has happened to you or something you feel, you won't be able to progress and grow as a human being, and having both of these apps on my phone has been able to reduce the likelihood of this for me. These messages essentially offer me control over parts of my life I didn't think I had control over, and are what offer me hope in how the future will play out for me based on the knowledge that I'm given.

While I am obsessed and interested in finding out my horoscope message for the day, I also want to point out that it's important to take everything you read with a grain of salt, so I'm not naive and automatically going to believe everything I read that these apps tell me. There are some times where I will read the daily notification and think that it might be a bit out of reach, or that it is something completely random to what else is happening in my life, so it is safe to say that these two apps are not always 100% accurate. Yet at the same time, this doesn't mean that all of the readings are false, and that maybe it could be a sign to something you need to start paying more attention to.

If you're interested in reading your horoscope or want to learn more about your star sign, I highly recommend downloading DailyHoroscope and Co-Star. These two apps have helped me so much in the past year with understanding myself better and having the power through knowledge to address or act on certain things in my life in order to grow. They have provided me with endless optimism even when the only thing I might've been feeling on some days was pessimism, and have kept me hopeful about what else is yet to come for me in my life.