Find out exactly what constitutes as a Daddy's Girl.

10 signs that prove you're a daddy's girl through and through

Friends, you know who you are and you should be wearing the 'Daddy's Girl' title with pride!

337
Lindsay Reeth

When people think of a 'Daddy's Girl' they often think of a dad who spoils his daughter beyond belief, and although that may be true, I am here to tell you that there are so many more factors that play into this role. Being a 'Daddy's Girl' means that your dad is your best friend and your biggest role model, all at the same time. So to me, if you carry around this title it means that you and your dad have an unbreakable bond that

Here are a few key signs that can help you determine whether or not you are a true Daddy's Girl...

1. A perfect night out probably means going to a sporting event with your Dad.

media.giphy.com

I don't know about you, but when I picture the perfect night out I immediately think of going to a sporting event with my Dad, particularly a Mets game. This has always been our favorite activity together and nothing can top cheering on our favorite team side by side.

2. He is always the first person you call when you need help.

media.giphy.com

My dad is basically on speed-dial 24/7 and that's because he always knows just what to do and say. These calls could be about failing a test, feeling homesick, or my personal favorite, getting a flat tire (or two). But, no matter the topic, my dad is the one person who I can always count to help me navigate through those tough situations.

3. Leaving each other for long periods of time usually ends in tears, lots of 'em.

media.giphy.com

It all started when I went away to sleep away camp at age seven. I honestly don't think that there was ever a harder goodbye. Sometimes I would have to try and trick myself into thinking I was seeing my dad the next day just so I could avoid the waterworks. Long story short, it never worked.

4. You would never think of lying to him because you respect him way too much.

media.giphy.com

There was never any point in trying to lie to my dad, probably because he knows me better than I know myself. This also had a lot to do with how comfortable I have always felt to tell my dad anything; there was no fear in being honest because I knew that he loved me no matter what.

5. You hangout with him more than anyone else.

media.giphy.com

If you know me, you know that I am with my dad every chance that I get. Sometimes, I think that I want to hangout with my dad more than he wants to hangout with me!

6. When you really, really want something you know to go to dad first.

media.giphy.com

It's a no-brainer. When you're a Daddy's Girl you know that he has a soft spot for you and sometimes you have to use this to your advantage. Dad, I am not always proud of using this technique, but you have to admit that there is some science behind it.

7. Any and every movie with a sentimental father-daughter relationship is your go-to.

media.giphy.com

No matter how hard we try to avoid these sappy father-daughter movies, my dad and I fall into the trap time and time again. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be a movie about a father and daughter, just a thirty-second commercial has the power to pull at our heartstrings.

8. Making him proud is your number one goal.

media.giphy.com

Since my dad makes me so incredibly proud, why wouldn't my number one goal be to do the same for him!? In everything I do, I try to channel my dad's wisdom and bring honor to my family, just like my girl Mulan.

9. He's your favorite person to introduce your friends to.

I am pretty sure that my friends like my dad more than me and I can't blame them! I absolutely love when my dad comes to visit because introduce him to my friends and finally show them how cool he is as compared to just telling them him all the time. The best part is hearing, "Wow, your dad is the coolest" from other people because I know it couldn't be truer!

10. You know that him walking you down the aisle will be the most special moment. of your life

media.giphy.com

I truly can't wait for this moment with my dad. I know some of you may be thinking that the day I get married is the day that I lose my title as a 'Daddy's Girl,' but you couldn't be more wrong; I will forever be the proudest 'Daddy's Girl' there ever was.