Thanking fathers who did not have to be
Family Friends

An Open Letter To The Man Who Became My Father

I love you so much and thank you for being one of the best fathers a girl could ask for.

655
Personal Photo

I could literally go on for years about how much your unconditional love has shaped my life. You have taught me so much an I am grateful for every ounce.

You have helped shape the starting point of my Christian faith. When my mom, my sisters, and I had first met you we had never habitually been to church. At the time I could have probably counted the times we had all gone on my little 8-year-old hand. When you came into our lives that all changed. We first started going to church near our house in Cordova but didn't truly get connected til we moved to Munford where you lived. Thanks to your constant motivation throughout my life to stay connected to the church, I was able to make lifelong friends and create an intimate relationship with my one and only savior.

You have and still are teaching me to not worry about the little things. As you already know I am a hard-core worry wart. Countless times I have come to you in tears all stressed out. At the time of my melt downs all of my problems seem like unfixable issues and like my whole world is falling to a million pieces. Every time you just laugh at me, which by the way makes me furious. You always tell me not to stress the things I can't control. You talk me through every single one of them and help me to realize every issue I face has a resolution at some point. You try to help me realize that there is no need to get so worked up. Maybe one of these days I will actually listen to you but not likely.

Thank you for giving me a roof over my head, being someone I can openly talk to, and loving me no matter what.

But the biggest thing I am thankful for is that you were so willing to take in three emotionally unstable, crazy girls. Not because you had to but because you wanted to. You took care and raised someone else's children. Why you did it I'm not 100% sure but I guess love might have something to do with it and I'm so glad that you did. You have done a pretty decent job raising us and I am beyond blessed that I can call you my dad.

I could never truly thank God enough for giving us a father we sometimes do not deserve. It has been so many years ago since you walked into our lives. I love you so much and thank you for being one of the best fathers a girl could ask for.