Thank You Mom And Dad

Thank You Mom And Dad

Thank you for being my forever best friends.

9
Thank You Mom And Dad
Kennedy Slavens

Many of us forget the two most important people who deserve the world; our mom and dads. We tend to forget all the things they have done for us and though they may be the simplest of things, they still deserved to be thanked. So mom and dad... Thank you.

Thank you for working hard at your own jobs just to put food on the table and a roof over my head. You have shown me what it means to truly be a hard worker. You pushed me to my breaking point just to show me that anything I put my mind to is possible no matter what society has to say. You made me believe in myself when everything wasn't going the way I wanted them to. And if I did fail, you were there to pick me up and dust me off.

Thank you for being my number one fans. Whether it was sitting on the sidelines of the soccer field in the pouring rain or in the classroom, you were there cheering me on with a smile on your faces. You were there to guide me through the many mistakes made along the way without any judgments made. And in the past 19 years you were there to provide me with constructive criticism instead of shooting me down.

Thank you for not dropping me off on the sidewalk and leaving my there my freshmen year of college. Thank you for making sure I had everything I needed to succeed. You made sure I had everything I need to make sure my apartment was "the cutest." You made an endless amount of Walmart and Target trips because we forgot to get that certain pack of pens that I had to have. While other kids had to college on their own, you were there with me every step of the way.

Thank you for the endless amount of support. With everything that I have done in the past 19 years, good or bad, y'all have been there supporting me even when y'all didn't agree with what I was doing. Not one second did I ever feel that y'all did not support me in everything I've done.

Lastly, thank you for being my forever best friends. All throughout my life people have come and gone, but y'all have been my constant rocks. We have shared an endless amount of laughs and cries. Y'all were there to comfort me when I was sad, make fun of me when I needed some cheering up, and there to laugh with me when we made our own inside jokes. Y'all have shown me what it means to sacrifice things for people who you love, and that is exactly what y'all have done for me. So for this, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love you more.

From your daughter/favorite child. (Sorry Bubba)