Cutting Out Negativity In Your Life Might Come At This Cost

It really is okay to say that "I'm doing this for me."

7

We all have been in a slump before, the one where you just feel like the world is out to get you. Nothing is going right and nobody is in your corner. That is completely normal, but there comes a point when that negativity that is weighing you down has to go. Sometimes people need to go through a spring cleaning of sorts but for their entire outlook on life. There was a point in my life when I realized that I had some really negative people in my circle, ones that made me feel like they were dragging me down with them. It took awhile, but one day I figured out that not everyone who walks into my life is meant to last forever. Realizing this is the most important part of changing to a more positive outlook on life. This means that your own happiness might cost losing so called friendships and other relationships that you have. It is not selfish to think this way, because at the end of the day you have to do what is genuinely right for you.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to surround yourself with like minded people, who set similar goals to you. This doesn't mean running to find your exact carbon copies of you, but when you surround yourself with people who strive to achieve their goals, it will promote that in you as well. It is kinda like the saying, "You are what you eat." The less you're around negative people or thoughts, truly the less you will think about it yourself. It is very hard to walk away from people that may have been in your life for a very long time, but if it is going to improve your quality of life, it might just be worth it. You should always search for others who make friendships a two way street and don't make you stressed or unhappy. Having a positive outlook on life is not running through fields of flowers and rainbows, but more saying to yourself that you can do it, no matter the negativity from the people telling you that you can't.