9 Things Cats Do That Make You Feel Like The Luckiest Cat-Mom In The World

9 Things My Cats Do That Make Me Feel Like The Luckiest Cat-Mom In The World

Even when they annoy me I still love them with all my heart.

48
Ashley Lytle

While volunteering last spring my boyfriend and I met Maple. A five-month-old calico kitten who stole our hearts. Soon she was living in our home. After a few months, we decided she deserved a friend to keep her company when we couldn't be home and so we began visiting the local shelter that we got Maple from. Soon we met 10-week-old Juniper and we knew she was the kitten to join our family. It wasn't the easiest beginning but with a lot of patience and time, we eventually let them both roam the apartment freely. Now, they're like sisters who are best friends and we couldn't imagine our lives without both of them.

They're amazing and make me feel extremely blessed. Here are 9 examples of how they make me feel as if I am the luckiest cat mom in the world:

1.  They’re always waiting for me to come home

It's like they have this sixth sense telling them when I'll be walking towards the door because they're always there waiting for me at the window. When I'm home I notice my cats always start moving to the window minutes before my boyfriend comes walking up after getting off work.

2. My youngest groomed my boyfriend’s head

My youngest kitten is five months old and she spent about 10 minutes the other night licking my boyfriends head a day after he got his new haircut. While it was definitely a bit strange it was also adorable and made me think about how lucky we are to have her in our lives.

3. Endless cuddle time

Juniper is five months old and she LOVES to cuddle. And I can't say no. One, she wouldn't let me but also, I wouldn't want to say no to her.

4. They always make me laugh

Ashley Lytle

Maple and Juniper are funny. They get in the weirdest most uncomfortable positions to sleep, flip over while running, and have all these funny characteristics about themselves that I love.

5. They can always put a smile on my face even when I’m at rock bottom

Maple and Juniper might not be able to talk but they are always there for me. They comfort me and motivate me to keep trying.

6. They cuddle together

Ashley Lytle

It's one of the most adorable sites I have ever seen. There's nothing like looking over to see them snuggled together sleeping.

7. They’re always by my side

I never feel alone because my kittens never let me be. Even when I'm in the shower.

8. They keep me safe from the scariest of bugs

I'm not a spider person or an insect of any kind person. My cats luckily not only alert me to the intruders but they also take care of them.

9. I always have something to do on a Saturday night

No plans, no problem because with cats they are your 24/7 plans. I'm pretty sure if my cats could choose I'd never leave without them. And honestly that idea sounds pretty tempting to me.