10+ Cheap Date Ideas For Anyone Dating On A Budget

11 Date Ideas That'll Cost You Less Than Your Go-To Starbucks Order (Probably)

When you want to do something fun, but just can't afford to do something expensive.

115
Cameryn Sharkey

Just because you and your boo may be rolling on a broke college student's budget doesn't mean you can't go out, have fun, and spend quality time together on dates that 1) cost less than your go-to Starbucks order and 2) are just as fun as any expensive date.

And sometimes it's dates like these that are the most romantic and enjoyable. Since hardly anyone can afford to go out on a fancy date every weekend, here are 11 fun options for when you don't want to spend a lot and/or don't want to just sit and watch TV together:

Hiking and spending time outdoors.

If you live near any parks or trails, this is a great inexpensive date option for those who enjoy the outdoors. Bring a portable hammock, some snacks and water, a book, or anything else you feel necessary to bring along. Take a nice hike, stop for a break and talk/enjoy nature with one another.

Walking the town.

If you live near a big city or town with a nice main street, a cute date option may be to walk the city and window shop/sightsee. A nice way to get some exercise and spend time in your local community. Do some people-watching, stop for a coffee or cheap bite to eat, and enjoy each other's company.

Having a picnic in a park.

Pack a nice meal, a frisbee (and/or other outdoor games), some bubbles, art supplies, a camera, etc. There are so many things to do outdoors when the weather is nice.

Visiting a free museum.

Most cities have museums that are free to the public. Art museums are great to walk around and enjoy the art while some of the science museums are more interactive. Museums have a stigma around them of not being very fun, but they are actually rather interesting if you take the time to explore the exhibits.

Cooking your own three-course meal.

Rather than spending a lot of money to go out for a fancy meal, stay in and learn a new recipe. You and your significant other can put your cooking skills to the test and see what great meal and dessert you can make. Treat yourselves and add a new meal to the recipe of your mind.

Going out for coffee.

If you and your boyfriend/girlfriend are super busy and don't have much time to meet up, a coffee date is a great option that won't cost a lot of money. Local coffee shops are not super expensive and are great places to meet up and talk. Whether you catch up about all the work you've done in the day or have left to do, talk about life and your pasts/futures, etc. this is a nice way to fit in as much time together.

Having a game night.

Between you and your significant other (or some friends you can borrow them from), you're sure to have access some board games and/or card games. If you're both competitive then add some prizes for the winner or "punishments" for the loser. Some good ideas could be that the loser has to give the winner a foot massage, the winner gets to choose the next place you eat for dinner, or the loser has to do one of the winner's chores if you live together.

Learning to dance from YouTube videos.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube explaining the steps to dance. Whether it be ballroom style dancing or hip-hop, or anything in between, you and your significant other are sure to get in some laughs while learning something new together.

Stargazing.

Cute, simple, easy, and can be done almost any night when the stars can be seen. Find somewhere to lay out a blanket and look up at the sky. This is a great time to reflect on life with one another and ask each other a billion questions about it.

Having your own spa night.

Pick up some of the cheap face masks at Target and spend the night having your own spa. You can watch a movie or play some games while the masks dry. End the night with a nice bath to relax and maybe give each other a massage to unwind after a long week.

Volunteering.

There are plenty of local animal shelters, nursing homes, food banks, etc. That it is probably easy to find some sort of way too give back. If you and your boyfriend/girlfriend enjoy helping people and listening to what they have to say or taking care of dogs/cats then this is sure to be a great way to spend some time together while also making a positive difference in the lives of others.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.