Cutting Toxic Family Members

It's Totally OK To Cut Toxic Family Members Out Of Your Life

Sometimes, blood isn't thicker than water.

789

You're almost always taught that, after every battle and every conflict, after every situation, every up, and every down, your family is supposed to have your back. We are told this at a very young age so, of course, we are going to believe it.

Family members make promises that they will always be there for you. They will laugh with you and make sure you're satisfied. What is really annoying is how they don't stick with their word. What sucks is that they are two-faced, stuck-up, and cruel.

Inhumane.

Every family has its problems. It's natural. Unfortunately, some families go through worse. Members may choose to stay the same, keep their promises, and be nice and kind to you. Others, however, may choose to delete you.

I know from experience.

Some may choose to make you feel like you're in the wrong. Some may leave and never come back without telling you. Others may just stab you with words and enjoy it. That is why it can be inhumane.

Sometimes, blood isn't thicker than water. Friends can tend to be there more than your family can. I wish it was the other way around. In some cases, it is.

When shit starts to go down, you are allowed to cut toxic family members out of your life. When you are old enough to make big decisions for yourself, you should be able to control who should and who shouldn't be involved. Hey, if they've pissed you off too far for too long, start blocking.

Believe me, it is extremely liberating, and it feels so good knowing they are out of your life. They won't be able to knock you down anymore. They won't have you at arm's length and backstab you.

You deserve to eliminate them when they won't accept you for who you are.

You deserve to cut them out when they call you a "money grabber" or when they think you only enjoy their company because of the gifts that come along with them.

You deserve to cut them out when they have two faces.

You deserve to delete them when they call you derogatory names.

You deserve to walk away when they treat you like straight shit.

Hanging around with the people who just make you miserable is so super bad for your health. It makes your head spin and hurt. It makes you want to punch things. It makes your anxiety go insane. It can break your heart.

And then you'll snap. We don't want that, you don't want that, and I certainly do not want to flip my lid on Facebook on someone who doesn't even deserve a place in my life.

Everything will be alright in the end. Of course, it's certainly going to be a big change, and you're going to have to get used to it. But it's not something bad. It couldn't hurt that bad because they definitely were already gone before you officially kicked them out.

Don't think this is a loss because it isn't. Even better, you may find someone nicer, prouder, and sincere who could replace the toxicity. You could make friends who treat you like family. See, sometimes a negative doesn't always equal a negative, and a positive doesn't always equal a negative.

Get rid of the toxic. I know how you feel.

Feel relieved. Feel better.