Cut out the fat and get rid of the toxic people in your life.
Life Stages

It's 2019, Get Rid Of All The Toxic People In Your Life

For those of you who need to hear it, it's time to get rid of the baggage that's holding you back.

84
Photo by frank mckenna on Unsplash

With summer right around the corner, and so many fun, unique opportunities ahead, it's time to cut out the people in your life that are dragging you down. The friends, the acquaintances, the significant others, that are not making you happy and supporting everything you are working for and want in your life. No matter what point you are at in your life, you deserve the best people backing you and helping you in some way or another.

I had a really good friend, that about a year ago, I realized was not friends with me for the right reasons. She was so toxic to me and my happiness. Looking back, this particular friend was very possess, jealous, and self-centered. She held me back from truly being happy and doing meaningful things for myself.

Sometimes it's hard to get rid of toxic people around you, but I promise it's one of the best decisions you will make. No friendship or relationship is perfect but if someone isn't there to be your biggest supporter and doesn't always want to see you succeed, then they need to go.

When you realize that someone is toxic, it can be difficult to envision them not being in your life but, breaking free will give so much happiness and will be a weight lifted off your shoulders. Give as much or as little of an explanation as you want to part ways, whatever works best for you.

And on the brighter side, spring and summertime are the time to be social. Pool parties, barbecues, and warm weather makes for the perfect melting pot to meet new friends, those that will be your better friends and supporters. Focus on yourself and put yourself in a setting for success. Make your inner circle, people that love you for you.