A Few Ways to Cure Post-Vacation Blues

A Few Ways to Cure Post-Vacation Blues

We all feel a little down after vacation is over - here's a few ways to ease the pain of coming back to reality!

17
A Few Ways to Cure Post-Vacation Blues

From Sunny to Snowy

Monday night I returned back home to Kansas City from a lovely, warm, 7 day vacation in Puerto Vallarta, MX. I can definitely tell you that coming back from 85 and sunny in Mexico to 30 and snow in Kansas is not my ideal transition. Either way, I am stuck in this cold for a while, and I've been working to find a few ways to get over my post vacation blues.

Tip #1 - Exercise!!

I'm pretty confident that after a vacation most of us don't usually feel like our bodies are at their optimal physical state. After a week of Bloody Mary's and Pina Coladas, I know that I certainly needed to give my body some TLC. Working out is a sure-fire way to make you feel better physically, but to also give yourself an extra little boost of endorphins to make you feel a little happier.

Tip #2 - Put Together a Fun Video or Photo Album

While it might make you a little sad reminiscing through all of the warm memories of a vacation, putting together a video or photo album is a great way to save those memories forever. You can look back any time you want, and it makes it even easier to share your trip with your loved ones!

Tip #3 - Visit People You Missed!

There's one thing that a vacation doesn't have - your friends and family from back home! Another great way to cheer yourself up after coming back home is to go and visit the people that you missed. Some quality time with those you love is always a good way to get yourself in good spirits.

Tip #4 - Journaling

Something I have started to do in the last couple years is journaling about the trips I go on! I write down the dates of my trip in a journal, and go back through to write down all of the things that we did, and all of the funny memories of each day. I definitely recommend doing it - and keep all of your entries in the same book. That way you always have a place to go back and visit and read about the different adventures you've been on.

Tip #5 - Unpack and Get Organized

While this is everyone's least favorite thing to do, getting unpacked and reorganized will definitely make you feel better after coming back home. Letting your belongings sit in your suitcase for a while will add unnecessary stress to you life - so it's much better to just get things clean and put away!

Tip #6 - Do Things You Love

The last thing that can definitely help you feel better when you're dealing with those post-vacation blues is to set aside some time to do the things that you enjoy doing. Read a book, paint, exercise, or whatever it may be, give yourself the chance to do something you love!

Tip #7 - (The most fun tip) Plan Your Next Trip

Give yourself something new to look forward to and plan your next trip! Whether it's a weekend getaway or a month long vacation, plan another trip to go on so that you can start counting down the days to your next adventure!

Thanks for reading, I hope you found these quick tips a little helpful!!