7 Crystals I Like to Bring to Class

7 Crystals I’ll Have With Me This Semester

For everything from studying to staying alert in class!

574
Crystal Grid with stones mentioned and Tangerine Quartz
Dona Ochoa 2018

Crystals and stones are great tools anyone can use to help deal with the feelings that come with being stressed out and/or overwhelmed. Below are the 7 stones and crystals I'm going to have with me as I make my victory lap before graduation.

1. Ametrine

This crystal is a quartz combination of amethyst and citrine. Ametrine is a great study stone because it helps you concentrate and keep a clear mind. The amethyst aids in stress relief while the citrine invites confidence (source), and with the amplifying and positive power of quartz it becomes a good day kind of stone. Who wouldn't want that?!

2. Fluorite

I love this crystal because it grows in so many different colors! And all of them seem to help with quick thinking and discernment. I've also found that they always keep me calm under pressure, which is always a good thing to keep around when writing papers and doing tests. Along with being an excellent meditation stone, fluorite's many positive properties also include motivation and increased creativity.

3. Calcite

This is another colorful one! It grows in almost every color of the rainbow, and multiple colors can grow in the same place – which produces what is called rainbow calcite. This stone is great for anyone struggling to break lazy habits like putting readings off (or watching "The Office" instead of writing that paper.) I always like to have blue calcite on hand during discussion heavy classes, too, because it helps you to ground your ideas and remember relevant information.

4. Hematite

This stone is one of my favorites for focus and calmness! This is usually by my bed because it's so good at helping people get to sleep (especially when you can't stop thinking about all the homework you need to do). It's a really good for anyone who needs a boost in confidence, because it works to dispel negative thought patterns around self-worth.

5. Labradorite

This stone and its rainbows are so interesting, and help motivate people to look deeper into things that make them curious. This stone always seems to help me with writers block and creative writing. Labradorite is a truth stone that helps to see what was previously unseen. This stone is one of my all-time favorite meditation stones - it's so easy to get lost in the rainbows it holds and feel a sense of magical calm.

6. Garnet

This stone is so, so empowering. It really helps one to balance emotions and aligns the holder with their goals. Garnet helps to energize, and a lot of different cultures through time prized it and, in many cases, revered it for its protective properties. I also like to put garnet underneath my pillow to help me interpret my dreams, and to ward off nightmares.

7. Kyanite

Dona Ochoa 2018

This stone carries such a clear and crisp energy. I love having a piece on my desk when I study and if I can, I bring it with me to classes because it's a great communication stone. It can help discussions come to harmonious conclusions in times of disagreement. It's also a good test taking stone to have because it helps with recall and answering questions.