There's No Use Crying Over A Dropped Highlighter

Life is hard, college is hard, sometimes it's hard to remember that
2

Just a few days ago, my white MAC compact took a nose-dive off of my counter and landed on the floor. Needless to say, cream-colored sparkle powder covered my bathroom floor and my compact was left empty. The recent passing of my very favorite highlighter made me sad! That was my favorite highlighter, it was a gift and it was from a special holiday collection so I can’t just buy another one.

My highlighter taking a plunge was the cherry on top of this already stressful semester. I am struggling in some of my classes, a professor and I don’t see eye-to-eye on some things and some of my school activities are becoming overbearing. This is all on top of personal issues that have been making it near impossible to stay focused on what I really need to focus on.

Some of my friends are going through difficult times as well, and I tend to make their problems my problems in an attempt for them to not feel alone when going through difficult times. Long story short, I feel like I am drowning in problems and very rarely do the problems seem to lift.

I try to escape my problems by going to previously relaxing activities like listening to music or playing Grand Theft Auto V, but those don’t even seem to help me escape all of the problems this semester has presented. I often feel down or helpless like I give my all to climb to the top, but the top just keeps getting farther away.

Except the other day, I realized something when I dropped my highlighter, there’s nothing I can do about it. For the better or for the worse, I can do absolutely nothing about my highlighter being busted into tiny bits and pieces so there is no use crying over it. School has been difficult, and I have done my share of work, however, I know the outcome of one of my classes already and there’s nothing I can do about it.

College is hard; don’t let anyone tell you any different. Every major at every school has very challenging parts. Some classes may get you down, but you can’t put your life on hold. You can’t put your life on hold for any problem, really. Some issues may require a lot more steps to resolve, but at the end of the day, what’s done is done. Remember to keep your head high and just move forward.