Why Crossfitters Talk About Crossfit So Much

The fittest on earth.

1129
Rogue Fitness

Have you ever heard the joke, "an atheist, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar... I only know this because they told everyone within two minutes?" Well I have and one thing I know for sure is that it's not true… well sometimes it is true. Being a crossfitter myself, I found that it's incredibly hard to not talk about it. I’m new to the sport I started all of a month and a half ago and I told myself “I’m not going to be one of those people who always talks about crossfit” and here I am… talking about crossfit. One thing a lot of people don’t understand is how hard it is to not talk about something that is a huge part of your life. Somehow everything goes back to crossfit when you do crossfit.

Since I started doing crossfit it has become a huge part of my life. Aside from working at the gym I spend a majority of my time there training. I'm there every day so when people want to make plans I usually say, "Well I have crossfit at 3:30, can we go after?" Also when people ask: Why are you so sore? Crossfit. Why are your hands ripped up? Crossfit. My personal favorite is: why are your legs bruised? It's from the barbell I use... during crossfit. Those are all questions I get in one day. It's not as easy to not talk about it as everyone thinks.

Crossfit is not like going to the gym every day where it's nothing special to talk about. It's like athletes not talking about what sports they play. We watch it, talk about it, live it, and breathe it because we want to get better at it just like other athletes do. Crossfitters are athletes and last time I checked no one gives athletes a hard time because they talk about their sport, we are just as passionate about crossfit as they are about their sport.

Also we talk about crossfit so much because it's actually the sickest thing in the world. We do what most people do in an hour in the gym in 20 minutes. I've never felt so powerful or badass until I started doing crossfit. Have you seen what they do? They literally climb up a wall using pegs, lift ridiculous amounts of weight, climb ropes without using their feet to help. If I can do something I wasn’t able to do a month ago I want to tell people about it. It's the most intense workout/sport out there. You never really think it would be addicting until you do it. I’m lifting weight that I never thought I could. I’m doing pull ups, which I could never do even when I was little.

We are proud of what we do. We do a lot of things a lot of people can’t do. We’re not talking about it so much to brag or to show we’re “better” than other people, we talk about it because were proud, we’re passionate, and because we love it. There’s no better feeling than cleaning more weight than you did last week or finishing a benchmark workout faster than the last time you did it. Everyone I train with are the best people I’ve met. Next time you meet a crossfitter, remember that we are normal people, we just love what we do.