Everyone loves to think that their tattoo(s) are THE best, but that's not always the case. Here are six cringe worthy tattoos that will make you want to ask the person, "What were you thinking?"
Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning. You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret. So here are 20 tattoos where you can't go wrong. Here are 20 small tattoos with big meanings. (But don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!).
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki” means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris” means “light in darkness.”
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora” is translated literally as “Towards greater things.” It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore.” It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
I've tried literally everything at this point, from yogurt and turmeric masks to rice water, on my face in hopes of getting clear skin. Last year, I went out in the scorching sun for 4 hours for a dance practice on a basketball court and that ruined my skin for the entire summer. My face turned 5-6 shades darker and left me with splotchy spots and discoloration. Besides that, I've suffered from really flaky, inflamed skin as well as acne on my forehead for years. For me, it seems like the skin problems just don't seem to ever go away and I am tired of it. I look at my friends with flawless glows on their faces and celebrities on Instagram with radiant skin and I want nothing more than exactly that.
It got so bad that I had to go to the dermatologist to get a cream prescribed to me because nothing else seemed to be working, and honestly this was the best decision I made. I recommend going right after noticing skin problems rather than waiting years like I did, though. That definitely cleared up my skin for a couple months but then the acne on my forehead started coming back and my skin looks like it is going back to splotchy.
You're beautiful the way you are, but if you have skin concerns, I know what it's like to want nothing more than to have clear glowing skin. It is one of my biggest insecurities and I feel like I would just be a more confident person if I had smooth, clear, and glowing skin. I am nonetheless determined to keep finding ways to make sure I get the skin I want before going back for another semester of college.
Some of the skincare stuff I have tried is aloe vera, rice water as a toner, yogurt and turmeric (I accidentally added too much and turned my skin yellow), every sample from LUSH's face cleansers, coconut oil, just to name a few.
I am definitely not going to give up on my skin just yet because I am determined to get that glow but maybe I just need to leave it alone for a bit and focus on cleaning up my diet. And DRINK LOTS OF WATER. After all, it's what goes inside that matters when it comes to clear skin.