Crimes of Grindelwald

5 Things We Need To Know About 'The Crimes Of Grindelwald'

Seriously, this trailer had me on the edge of my seat from the moment Eddie Redmayne started talking.

168
The Crimes of Grindelwald

September 24, 2018: The much-awaited trailer for "The Crimes of Grindelwald," the anticipated sequel to "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," has finally been released, and with it, a plethora of new questions for one Joanne Katherine Rowling.

1. Who is Nagini, really?

Claudia Kim and Ezra Miller as Nagini and Credence in "The Crimes of Grindelwald"

We all know Nagini as one murderous snake and horcrux of a Tom Marvolo Riddle (more infamously known as Lord Voldemort). However, the trailer or "The Crimes of Grindelwald" left us all shocked when it revealed a character, a woman named Nagini, who can shift into a snake. Warner Bros. previously revealed that Claudia Kim, the actress playing Nagini, is playing a Maledictus witch, which gives her powers of transformation that are similar to those of an Animagus. This just begs the question: who is Nagini, what role will she play in the story of the first Dark Lord, and how did she get entangled with the second?

2. Will we see any Dumbledore and Grindelwald action in the film?

Jude Law as Dumbledore in "The Crimes of Grindelwald"

Rowling confirmed a relationship between Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald, one which, according to the series' timeline, would have taken place years before the setting of this movie. Their on-screen relationship was hinted at in the the trailer for "Fantastic Beasts 2," in a scene with Dumbledore and the Mirror of Erised. However, many fans are anxious to see whether these two will have any more on-screen interactions and how apparent their history together will appear to be.

3. Who is Leta Lestrange?

Leta Lestrange and her fiance, Theseus Scamander

After "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" came out, we heard the familiar name Lestrange in an interaction between Newt and Tina. Her significance to Newt was never revealed in the first film, but her character will be making an appearance in the second film of the franchise, as the fiancee of Theseus Scamander, Newt's older brother. Her introduction makes us wonder: how will she interact with Newt, and how similar will she be to her (assumed) descendants?

4. What happened to Jacob?

Jacob Kowalski in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

We know that at the end of the first film, Jacob Kowalski was obliviated by the American Ministry of Magic. However, his appearance in the trailer and interactions with Newt make us wonder if his memories were restored, or if fate truly just could not keep him away from the Wizarding World.

5. What happens to Credence?

Credence Barebone in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

Back as the lovable Obscurus, Credence appears to have another main role in "The Crimes of Grindelwald." Other articles have indicated that Credence is to befriend Nagini, leaving us to question whether he is finally taking control of his own life, joining the fight against Grindelwald, or if he is yet again acting under Grindelwald's control.

"The Crimes of Grindelwald" is out November 16, 2018—and it cannot come quick enough.