'Creepypasta' Authors and Fans Take the Genres to New Heights

Deedust and horror authors will give the readers spine tingling chills.

156

I have the fondest of memories of my childhood introductions to the genre of horror, science fiction, paranormal and the dark side of story folklore. That moment I came across a eerie story that sends shivers through the cerebral mind and sends a physical shiver down my spine of the unexpected, a tale shared with friends around campfire. The cultural phenomenon of attending haunted houses, scary movies, stories, games, and any blend of reality as we know it to give us that fear we are destined to tear down yet instinctively whispering to run every chance from aforementioned delivery of fright. These sensations and art forms are bigger then ever in today's lifestyle and even spreads across an audience much bigger then the eye may see, beyond the surface lies these much craved demented dimensions.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

Turn down the lights, and leave inhibition at the door as today at Kernels corner I share some of my insight and overview of some of the growing community that is the Creepypasta youtube narrators.

Although Creepypasta is not new by any means, some of you might not be familiar with the aforementioned title , but instead could recognize its content wether it was an article in the New York Times in 2010, or in recent movie and/or TV show adaptations which was well received.

I was introduced to Creepypastas later in its conception with the story of the infamous online character Slenderman, a tall porcelain faceless figure, menacingly still with a black suit terrorizing individuals with physical sickness, teleportation and proxy’s to carry out his malevolence intent.

First appearing as a photograph on the somethingawful.com website, it has spawned many stories and notably the inspiration for brilliant web series and ARG’S such as Marble Hornets, Tribe Twelve, Everyman Hybrid, Darkharvest00, Caughtnotsleeping, Keratin Garden, The TJA projects, Whispered Faith, The November Project, Mydarkjournal, and many many more, all of which are available on youtube.com ( please check them out).

Another famous creepypasta is Candle Cove, a story of a kids show with sinister puppets who haunted the dreams of children that were unfortunate to be chosen to view, yet only appeared as static on the television to adults, with a main character known as the Skin Taker, how could you not be unnerved? in 2016 it was adapted as a television series on the syfy network. My article on that show will be coming soon.

Creepypastas materialize in many mediums including postings on creepypasta.com ,reddit, youtube, wiki, blogs, deviant art, online games, 4chan, and even is available as a free phone app by a famous creepypasta persona known as Mr.Creepypasta.

The stories themselves can be referred but not limited to such familiar forms such as short horror tales, paranormal encounters, cryptozoology exploration and exploitation, serial killers, real life terrifying true accounts, and other creative stories of the dark lore.

I recently had the privilege to speak with one of my favorite creepypasta narrators and writers deedust. I had a short friendly conversation about her love for the genre and all things horror.

Deedust is in my opinion one of my favorite Creepypasta channels on youtube, the pacing, imagery and composition provides a concrete backdrop for a tapestry of the haunting and spellbinding trance that lovers of the genre as well as new explorers to the creepy pasta world will enjoy and embrace. She uploads very consistently, and each tale is as mesmerizing as the last. I encourage everyone to check out her channel and subscribe ( links will be featured below).

The content of the channel is very versatile ranging from some of my favorite stories such as 1999, I Dream of Names, Six Omens of Death, and to her own original stories such as Eyes Up High and Aisle 13.

Deedust has travelled and lived around within the the united states, currently in Indianapolis, she delivers a passion and quality to her work that is in the upmost admirable for film, writers, composers, and graphic designers.

The art and delight which delivers a macabre and mystic tone delivers brilliance of pacing and versatility. These categories in the most intriguing way can be a feat much challenging to the story teller is natural, not forced, and keeps you on the edge of your seat till the very end.

Deedust explained her love for the horror genre, with her experience working in haunted houses, watching the ambience, as well as love for cinema,, and wanted to get involved in the scene. We talked about her love for ghost stories and even some of the tales of the great Stephen King.

We begun to talk about ARG’S and she brought up a brilliant one that I had no heard of entitled: Can you hear the church bells Ringing.

Deedust narrations provides a great landscape of video slides, effects, and animation, it really shows just how effective this multimedia of the senses can resonate, I asked how multiplatforms are important to Creepypastas and to the horror world alike, to which she replied: “ Using different mediums for horror stories is a good way to engage multiple senses and build up atmosphere. If it's done right then people become more immersed in the story."

As for upcoming projects, she will continue too stay dedicated to the channel and working on her soundtracks / compositions to the content she creates.

I am for one excited, the music in horror adds so much to the way the story is told, when done right, it works as a symphony of the senses.

Please check out these creepypastas for yourself, there is something for everyone here, and it continues to grow and strive,

And I can only just thank everyone around the world for adding to this community that gives us fans so much.

Thank you for reading,

happy haunts.

Merci Beaucoup.

• Ryan McKern

Deedust youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdC9nf2Si1PGtXgEh...

twitter: @deedyst

Mr.CreepyPasta: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCreepyPasta

Twitter: Mrcreepypasta0