For The Girl Creating Her Own Future

For The Girl Creating Her Own Future

Create the future YOU want.

136
For The Girl Creating Her Own Future
Unsplash.com

Being a young woman it can be very hard to figure out what you want to do with your life. Let alone know where you want to end up in the future. For me, it hasn't been the easiest process finding a major I enjoy and deciding what kind of career I want for myself. There is a lot of pressure from society, your peers, and adults all telling you, that you need to figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life while you're still so young and immature.

You should never let anyone tell you what to do or let anyone convince you into doing something you aren't interested in. I have been there, and once you realize YOUR opinion is more important than anyone else's, you will feel much better. Take control of your future, and do it for yourself. Be selfish; sometimes that is the best thing you can do for yourself.

For women who are interested in pursuing a career in business, or anything that is primarily dominated by men should not be apprehensive in pursuing that career. This should not make you feel less superior but push you, even more, to be successful and prove yourself to them. "Be the CEO your parents always wanted you to marry" -anonymous. This quote is always in the back of my mind pushing me to create the future I want for myself. Being a woman in this industry is hard, but never let that be a reason to hold you back. Women in business are badass, don't let anyone ever let you believe anything less.

Some day I hope to work at a large advertising agency in a large city while being my own boss and I won't stop until I get there, and I hope any woman who is reading this will have the confidence in themselves to do the same. I want to be very successful in whatever I end up doing and being confident is the first step into doing so. Once you believe in yourself, it's just a matter of time until everyone else starts believing in you as well. Women can do anything.

Always make sure you are surrounding yourself with people who have the same goals as you. If you are surrounded by goal-driven people, you will all push each other to be successful. If you come across anyone (especially a boy) NEVER let them put you down or make you believe you can't achieve your goals. Be around people who are excited about your goals and dreams and won't hold you back but push you until you have reached them.