Rejection
Life Stages

Rejection

Create your own world.

37
woman looking at mountains
Unsplash

For the longest time I wanted to be part of their world.We have all faced rejection at some point in our life. It is not a fun feeling to be rejected. It is the most horrible feeling to not belong. My favorite childhood movie is "The Little Mermaid." My favorite part of the movie was when Ariel sung "Part of Your World." The lyrics "I wanna be where the people are........Up where they walk, Up where they run, Up where they stay all day in the sun, Wanderin' free, Wish I could be, Part of there World". That part of lyrics has always tugged at my heart because I understand every word.

From a early age I wanted to be part of world to belong in. Ariel wanted to belong with the humans on land. I wanted to belong with The In Crowd. As an introvert with no social skills that is a hard goal to accomplish. I had bangs with big glasses, and no clue on fashion or how to style my body type with clothes. I was clueless. By high school I was still clueless until my Junior year when I ditched the glasses and got contacts. I got a job and bought nicer clothes that did not come from an Wal-Mart. I grew my bangs out, put make up on, and dyed my hair. For advice never let your 15 year old friend try to put highlights in your hair if you do not want to look like a zebra!

I wanted to be liked by my peers. Even though I changed things on the outside appearance I still felt as if I was not good enough on the inside. I was still invisible. I learned to find people who gives you encouragement, and lifts your spirits when you are low. That wants to see you succeed in life. That is the people you want in your life.

As an adult, I still go through the same rejections everyday. Form trying to get a new job to finding friends as an adult. I believe we do not need to hold on to rejection. We find ourselves holding on to past rejections, and it holds us back from the good things in life. If you heard the word "No" at interviews, then go back to see what were your weaknesses in which you need to work on. Sometimes it is not even about you, it has nothing to do with you its the other person's opinion. So do not beat yourself up. It may take hundred no's before you hear the word yes. So don't give up.

Never give up on your dreams or your goals. I lost weight last year and made a new goal to run a 5K. My family laughed at me running down road back and forth practicing for the race. They smirked and made comments when I chose foods that are healthy to eat. Do not listen to their comments. Focus on your goals not other people's opinions.

Hold on to the people that wants to be part of your world. Be a good friend to them. It is about what is within you that shines. It is nice to wear make-up, to get dressed up, and have your nails done, but how you see yourself and the world you create is all within you.