cracking your iphone

'What The Fork' And 15 Other Stages Of Grief After Cracking Your iPhone Screen

Yes, the feelings of loss, grief and heartache are bad, but cracking your phone screen has to be a close second.

516

I grew up in the time when Apple products were finally making it big. Steve Jobs? A true icon of our time. Yes, I was that brat whose first phone was an iPhone, but in my defense, it was an iPhone 2 and probably more closely resembled a shiny brink than my squeaky clean iPhone X. However, there has been quite a few cracked screens along the way.

1. The tragedy 

Maybe you were carrying too many things and your phone slipped through the cracks. Maybe you set it on an unstable surface. Maybe your friend toss your phone to you when you specifically said "PASS me my phone." Either way, tragedy stuck and you are quite literally paying the consequences.

2. The sound

Something about specific sound makes me shutter. You know it as soon as it happens, now you have to assess the damage.

3. Flipping the phone over

I don't know why, but every screen I have ever cracked has occurred facedown, which means I have to muster up the courage to flip the phone over. This is a true test of bravery and probably deserves a award or something.

4. "Okay it isn't thattttttt bad" 

Reverse phycology right????? I could have been way worse.

5. "I could still use this! My parents don't even have to find out!" 

Needless to say, parents always find out.

6. *starts to use the phone again* "Wait, yeah this sucks"  

Guilt. Shame. Sadness. So many emotions a single crack can uncover.

7. "Is the crack magically getting bigger??" 

Pretty sure there is a iPhone fairy that goes around smashing phones in the middle of the night. Just a theory though. No testable evidence yet.

8. Your parents find out and they are MAD

Forget the time when you stuck out past curfew. Cracking your phone is way worse. Suddenly they are screaming about something you did in the third grade. How did the argument escalate? Lmk.

9. The crack is cutting your finger and you are literally bleeding 

"Okay, maybe it's time to get this fixed?..."

10. Get it fixed

The real question: sketchy store in a strip mall or the actual iPhone store.

11. You remember how expensive what was for a thin piece of glass 

Yikes.

12. Buying a hardcore case and vowing this will never happen again 

Yes, you are bulky as heck but you are good for me. Otterboxes are the veggies of phone cases. You do what you gotta do.

13. Eventually switches phone to a cuter, cheeper case 

UGH I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF

14. Takes the case off for two seconds

Bold move.

15. CRACKS PHONE AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES 

Nope. Not okay.

Truly the worst feeling in the world. But also the ultimate first world problem. Let's keep things in perspective and try to be less clumsy!