Reasons Why Coworkers Are The Best Friends

5 Reasons Work Friends Are The Best Friends

Your coworkers will always be the ones who you can count on for anything and everything.

244

Going to work doesn't always have to be a daunting task. In fact, when you get along with your coworkers, your time at work will go by way faster and you'll feel like you have a support system that will be right there when you need them the most.

1. They understand your struggles, because they've been through the exact same things as you

https://pixabay.com/photos/meeting-informal-business-team-1702638/

Whether you've picked up a position that you really don't like or you've been scheduled for a really early morning or really late night, your coworkers will undoubtedly understand how annoyed you are. Apart from understanding you and cheering you on, they will be the very first ones to tell you that your pain is only temporary, and that sooner or later your position will drop or your shift will be over, and before you know it, you'll be chilling at home, binge watching your favorite TV show.

2.  The little things they do for you really add up.

https://unsplash.com/photos/KxbdAZx8Uqs

From bringing baked goods for you when it's your birthday, to offering to give you a ride when you don't have a car, to going for late night food runs with you after your shift is over, to being a shoulder for you to cry on when life gets too messy and complicated, the little things that your coworkers do for you will really make you appreciate their friendship. Sometimes life can seem like a total burden, and your work friends will be right there for you to vent when you need it the most.

3. You share the same inside jokes, which may or may not be about your boss.

https://stocksnap.io/photo/4HT8C1C4Z0

You really share a special connection with your coworkers that no one else in the world could ever possibly understand. With just one quick look from them, you'll know exactly what they're trying to tell you, and people will look at you like you're crazy. Your boss, whether you love or hate them, will forever be the main source of inspiration for your funniest jokes. Finally, you know that you can count on them to make you laugh even when you're not exactly feeling your best.

4.  They make it exciting for you to go to work.

https://unsplash.com/photos/XML1EParnpQ

Some people love their jobs, but some people find it really hard to enjoy what they do for a living. Nevertheless, what can really make or break your work environment are the people you share it with. If you get along with your coworkers, it will be much easier for you to get out of bed and go to work every day, simply because you'll want to hear their stories and tell them all about your life.

5.  You check each other’s schedules and you hope to be scheduled for the same shifts.

https://pixabay.com/photos/calendar-schedule-notebook-block-428290/

Whenever a new schedule drops for the week, you will mindlessly text your friends asking them to show you the shifts they got. You'll get overly excited whenever you're scheduled around the same times, and you'll do everything in your power to trade whatever shifts you need for your schedules to match. Their days off will seem like an eternal struggle, at least until the next day, when you get to see them again.

Whether you're doing your dream job or not, your coworkers will always be the ones who you can count on for anything and everything. So the next time you see them, make sure to greet them with a welcoming smile (and maybe even a joke or two).