Wearing A Face Mask Should Not Be Controversial

For some strange reason, people have started to think that wearing a mask is not a necessity when going out in public anymore. Many complain that they get hot and that the mask is just uncomfortable. Yes, wearing a mask is not the most fun, and no one just wants to wear one because they can, but there are many reasons people are wearing them.

A mask is seen as a somewhat controversial topic nowadays. In southern states such as Florida, Texas, and Georgia, there is a major rise in the number of cases of COVID-19 as compared to New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.

One reason for a rise in cases is that those states opened too early. One reason those states opened was that their economy was suffering, NOT because the virus had gone away. Another important reason is that those states do not have requirements of wearing masks in public. States that have no rises in cases make it required to wear masks in public at all times.

The southern states are now seeing case numbers rise to close to 1,000 each day — remarkably high. Those states also had bars and restaurants, along with beaches and shopping areas open without any restrictions, such as half capacity and keeping tables at least six feet apart from each other. Northern states have seemed to handle the situation better, to help people be safer and healthier as compared to southern states who thought this would all go away quickly.

The world has never seen anything like this, especially in the US, so why are people so against masks?

Why do some of the American people not trust the health professionals that are telling us to cover our face to reduce infection and spread of the disease? Other countries that also had COVID-19 had their people wear masks in public to reduce their number of cases, and guess what? It worked. By ignoring the order to wear a mask, you are making an extremely selfish choice, and basically saying you do not care about anyone else's well being except your own. People wear a mask to risk spreading something to others, so those that don't wear one are showing that they don't care if they infect someone with COVID-19, which is very self-centered and rude.

Masks are meant to reduce the risk and help prevent getting and spreading COVID-19, so to all the people out there not wearing masks, what is the reason you not wearing one?

From Your Site Articles