3 Apps Couples Need To Improve Communication

"Communication to a relationship is like oxygen to life. Without it... it dies." - Tony Gaskins

252

As the weather gets colder, it's another reminder that soon we will have Thanksgiving and Christmas break. Whether you are currently at the same school or long distance, most couples will be separated over the holidays. In such a technological age, it's becoming easier to stay in touch regularly. I wanted to share some of my favorite apps that have helped my relationships by bringing us together and helping to improve communication.

1. Rabbit

Rabbit is a superb service that enables you to stream in-app your favorite videos from your favorite services like Youtube, Netflix, and Hulu. While you watch, you can also message your SO and even video chat without having to leave the app! This app makes balancing all those forms of communication a breeze. It really makes it feel like you are watching your fave shows together.

2. Couple

Couple is an app that goes above and beyond your normal messaging service. I like Couple for how it helps to facilitate organization and coordination with things like shared lists and notes. I've always liked to create bucket lists for that season of things that we want to do together. It also allows you to create a personal and private timeline to build your history and track special moments together so that you both never forget.

Couple also has some unique features like their thumbkiss, which allows you to touch the same spot on your phone as your partner and will vibrate to notify you that you just gave each other a thumb kiss. You can also send each other drawings or draw together. Both of these are great ways to brighten each other's day!

3. Happy Couple

Happy Couple is both entertaining and informative because you can have fun answering questions and find out more about what your partner thinks or feels. Every day you have the opportunity to answer 5 questions from a variety of 6 topics. After your partner answers the same questions, you will get notified if your answers match up or not. By seeing how each other responded, this can spark discussions that are often more meaningful. You can send messages in-app, such as comments on certain questions and answers.

Happy Couple also promotes having a more meaningful relationship with features like 'Tip of the Day' and personalized activities and challenges. The 'Tip of the Day' includes advice in many different areas of your relationship and gives you some concrete ideas or steps you can take towards incorporating this into your relationship. The 'Challenges' also cover a broad range with ideas designed to make you more intentional in your relationship, such as challenges encouraging you to show some extra love towards your SO and/or to do something new together as a date.

I hope these apps will help you to improve the communication in your relationship. Always remember to communicate, because relationships need communication in order to grow.