10 Things To Love About Country Music

10 Things To Love About Country Music

It's more than just beer and good times.

19
10 Things To Love About Country Music
Google

It brought us Taylor Swift. It gave us the CMA's. Classics like Tim McGraw and Johnny Cash came from it. Music City and tons of entertainment shows are all about it. I'm talking about country music. Here are 10 more reasons why you should consider adding country music to your next jam session.

1. The lyrics. From Taylor Swift's Innocent to Dan & Shay's 19 You + Me, country music has some pretty powerful words. The artists tell stories, instead of singing solely about partying.

2. The vocals. Singers like Carrie Underwood and bands like Lady Antebellum have great range, and their voices lend themselves to big notes and powerhouse ballads, which is exactly what country music has to offer.

3. The sound. There is something really simplistic, but strikingly beautiful about country music. There can be a heartwarming feeling, then a more somber sound can come for another song. It's not one dimensional.

4. The groups. Little Big Town. Lady Antebellum. Florida Georgia Line. Rascal Flatts. Zac Brown Band. The Band Perry. The Dixie Chicks. These are only some of the biggest names in the genre today.

5. The singers. Taylor Swift. Carrie Underwood. Miranda Lambert. Brad Paisley. Jason Aldean. Reba McEntire. Blake Shelton. Garth Brooks. Dierks Bentley. The list goes on and on of wonderful people that have given us so many great songs, lyrics and performances.

6. The award shows. The CMA's. Like, this year: Beyonce made an appearance. Beyonce, people.

7. The impact. There's a song for anytime, and you can listen to it anywhere. Plus, who hasn't heard of the Grand Ole Opry and how amazing it is to be inducted into that kind of spotlight? Talk about a career defining moment. It's like the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, only for country music.

8. The fun. Yes, there are songs about beer, exes and summer nights. Sometimes you just need one of those "driving down the highway with your windows down and wind blowing through your hair" type of songs. Feel free to turn the volume up and have a dance party.

9. Nashville. I'm talking about both the place and the TV show. Tennessee's capital is an amazing place for young artists to be discovered, but it's also the place for open mics, the Opry, great food and good company. Not to mention the scenery and the amazing shopping you can do there. And it's been the backdrop for the popular ABC show Nashville for 4 years. That show truly shows the power of music on people.

10. The boys. Just google any of them that I mentioned above. You'll thank me later.