country music, lyrics, dance, love, heartbreak, trucks

20 Song Lyrics That Explain Perfectly Why Country Music Is THE Best Music Genre

I'll listen to country music till the day I die.

100

Many people are always hating on country music. They say that it's awful to their ears or that it's a bunch of people saying "yeehaw." Well, let me be the first to tell you that it's so much more than that. In my opinion, country music is one of the best genres out there because it talks about love, heartbreak, partying and trucks (yes, the stereotype is true). Plus, the music sounds amazing and makes you want to fall in love with a country boy.

1. "You're still the one I run to, the one that I belong to, you're still the one I want for life" - Shania Twain "You're Still The One"

Shania Twain is the best. This is the perfect song for your wedding.

2. "If he ever singles you up, if he's ever stupid enough. I'ma be the first one calling you baby" - Jordan Davis "Singles You Up"

Don't you want a guy that would do anything to be with you? This is the song for that situation.

3. "She got the best of me, she broke my heart, now all that's left of me is beating in this guitar" - Luke Combs "She Got the Best of Me"

First of all, Luke Combs has an amazing voice. He gives me the chills. Country music talks a lot about heartbreak, and this song is just one of them.

4. "That stupid love just when I thought that I kicked that habit, you work a little midnight magic and there I go again falling back in that stupid love" - Dan + Shay "Stupid Love"

Dan + Shay just released a new album, and all their songs are amazing. This is one of my favorites because everyone has been in that situation where you can't get enough of a certain somebody, making you fall into that stupid love.

5. "Make me laugh, make me cry, make me wish we'd never met, make me feel somethin'" - Carly Pearce "Feel Somethin'"

Lately, I've been obsessed with Carly Pearce because I just saw her in concert. Her songs are filled with heartbreak, but they're so relatable. This is the perfect song about a situation where your significant other is not caring at all.

6. "I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats. I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights, I slashed a hole in all four tires" - Carrie Underwood "Before He Cheats"

Watch out boys. Enough said.

7. "You know I like my chicken fried, cold beer on a Friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right, and the radio on" - Zac Brown Band "Chicken Fried"

Iconic country song. This song makes you want to pull out your favorite pair of jeans and dance along.

8. "Cause I've got friends in low places where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away and I'll be okay" - Garth Brooks "Friends In Low Places"

Garth Brooks is the GOAT. Greatest. Of. All. Time.

9. "Oh, oh, oh, I want to be free yeah, to feel the way I feel. Man! I feel like a woman!" - Shania Twain "Man! I Feel Like A Woman"

Girls night out is perfect with this song! "The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun."

10. "I came to life when I first kiss you, the best me has his arms around you, you make me better than I was before. Thank God I'm yours" - Russell Dickerson "Yours"

*internally cries*

11. So so long, bye bye baby. I'll catch you on the flip side maybe. Don't you slip slide on a tear when you find me gone" - Dierks Bentley "So So Long"

Perfect song to send to an ex through text. "See ya."

12. "And see you in someone else's arms and I need you, oh who do you think you are" - Brett Young "Like I Loved You"

Brett Young's songs make me want to cry so much.

13. "Do I turn on at all when I kiss you baby, does the sight of me wanting you drive you crazy" - Luke Bryan "Do I"

If someone is singing this song to you, don't let them go.

14. "She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on, she's always starin' at me while I'm chuggin' along" - Kenny Chesney "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"

This was the beginning of any tractor/truck song in country music. Iconic.

15. "It's a feeling alright, Saturday night and that's how we do it round here" - Florida Georgia Line "Round Here"

All of FGL songs are the best of the best. Don't @ me.

16. "We were gonna be the greatest love story this town had ever seen" - LANCO "Greatest Love Story"

Another perfect wedding song. *Still internally crying*

17. "You don't look a day over fast cars and freedom. That sunset river bank first time feeling" - Rascal Flatts "Fast Cars And Freedom"

Rascal Flatts has come a long way, and they're still rocking to this day.

18. "Queens don't hate, queens don't fight. Queens don't stay unless their king treats her right" - Raelynn "Queens Don't"

Raelynn came from hit TV show, "The Voice," and now she's one my favorite country artists. She is awesome.

19. Beautiful, crazy, she can't help but amaze me the way that she dances, ain't afraid to take chances" - Luke Combs "Beautiful Crazy"

Like I said, Luke Combs has one of the best voices I've ever heard.

20. "From Uganda, that's right, we're adopting and she is the cutest little girl that you've ever seen" - Thomas Rhett "Life Changes"

This song always makes me cry because his family is perfect with two little girls and a perfect wife, Lauren. Life changes for sure.

Obviously, I can't put all of the best country songs in this article, but you get the idea. Country music has shaped music history. You should give it a try and just listen to a song without judging. You already know one country song though. Which one? Remember the movie Cars? "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts is a country song.