Count to 10

Count to 10

When nightmares become reality

641
Count to 10
Wallpaper Folder

Everyone has a dream where you pray you wake up and it is only a dream. According to Katherine Angela Yeboah, “You never know. Maybe when we’re dreaming…we’re more lucid than when we are awake.” Some even will say your dreams are the things that you do not deal with consciously so your subconscious deals with it. But dealing with reality is sometimes difficult to do. This is how the story goes.

In high school, Lane was the go to person for everything. She had good grades, great friends, student council president, and she worked as a waitress at the local diner. Being in a small town, everybody knew everyone and everyone knew every bodies business.But nobody seemed to notice the drifter watching Lane. If they did, they brushed it off thinking that she is beautiful and has a great personality. Maybe he is just admiring her. Little did they know, he was having sinister thoughts... about Lane.

As Lane was leaving work, she had the feeling that she was being watched. She thought that it was strange, but maybe she was just stressed about upcoming exams. Lane counted to ten and looked around. She didn't see anybody, so she simply got in her car and headed home. When she got home, her parents were there setting the table for dinner. Lane's older twin sister and brother were away at college so she was the last child at home; with two years left of high school. While they are eating and discussing their day, the doorbell rang. Lane's dad answered the door to find red roses with a card addressed to Lane. He hands them to Lane who finds the card to say, we will be together soon. Lane isn't allowed to date and couldn't think of anyone who would do this. Her parents brushed it off as a prank. But this made Lane apprehensive.

Now, if this had been me. I would have been freaking out. Who leaves roses at your door with a card saying that they will see you soon. They know my name and where I live. What else do they know about me? That night, Lane was restless. She kept tossing and turning. When she did fall asleep, she dreamed that a man was watching her sleep. In a panic she woke up turning her lamp on, there were muddy foot prints leading from her room. Her heart started beating fast. There was someone in the house. Lane got out of bed sidestepping the foot prints. She slowly puts her hands on the door knob. By this point, her adrenaline is pumping through her super fast. Lane swings the door open to see more foot prints leading to her parents and siblings rooms. What was she to do?

To be continued.