It Could've Happened To Any Of Us

It Could've Happened To Any Of Us

Before you get in an Uber, ask "what's my name?" and remember hers.

51
It Could've Happened To Any Of Us

A twenty-one-year-old USC student was found murdered at 2 A.M. last Friday morning. Samantha Josephson was taken, locked in a car, and driven 90 miles away from her town to be killed and left in a field for turkey hunters to find a few hours later.

This story is tragic, horrific, and is sweeping the news.

She was 21 years old and went out with her friends... just like you and I do.

She was responsible and knew she couldn't safely drive, so she called an Uber... just like you and I have done so many times after a night out.

She mistakenly got in the back of a car that looked like the Uber... just like you and I could've accidentally done.

She was then locked in the car, driven far away from her home, and died from "multiple sharp force injuries."

She was in shock, terrified, and spent the last hours of her life wondering why this was happening to her.

In an interview, her family stated that "she had no chance." And she didn't.

This tragedy hits so close to home for everybody because it could've been your daughter, or sister, or friend. It could've been any college student on any campus. It could've been me. It could've been you.

After tragedies like this, the only thing that we can do is get better. Find ways so this doesn't happen again— to any girl, to any person, ever.

Samantha's family is making sure that no family ever has to hurt the way they're hurting right now. Going viral all over social media is a campaign reminding people to ask your Uber what your name is, because if they can't answer that, then they have no business picking you up.

"Before you get in an Uber, ask "what's my name?" and remember hers."