halloween costumes for girls

5 Costumes All Women Should Avoid This Halloween

Ladies, raise your hand if you've ever been a cat for Halloween.

11
Grace Vazquez

Every year there's the same typical costumes that girls from the ages of twelve and on wear in mass groups. What started as what seemed to be "shamed" costumes due to the amount of skin or sexual connotation surrounding them have now become the trend for women and what is desired in the eyes of their peers. While there's nothing wrong with these costumes, it is time to shake things up this year. Ladies, here is a solid list of costumes you should avoid this Halloween.

1. The cat

cat

While this is an easy costume and is actually what I went dressed as last year, it is way overdone. It's time to leave this costume to the women who didn't know they were going out until last minute and for all of us to put some more thought into our costumes.

2. The bunny

regina george

Honey, "Mean Girls" came out over ten years ago. At least ditch Regina's bunny costume and go for Cady's more original dead bride look.

3. Sexy vampire

vampire

Not going to lie, I spent a solid ten minutes trying to decide if I was going to go as a sexy vampire this year. However, in an act to salvage my originality I didn't follow through with this idea. Not only is this look overdone, but any look with tight clothing followed by fake blood was just thrown on you is severely out of style.

4. The football player

football costume

This one is actually really cute, but not something a girl should go for if she wants to stand out. Especially if you are planning on buying your own jersey, avoid this one at all costs. Spend your money on a more original look.

5. Anything you see at a college party

snl

Honestly, anything you see at a frat party is overdone and should be retired immediately. Usually, all of the women can be summarized by the costumes listed above.

While all of these costumes are extremely common, I think it's important that we laugh at ourselves sometimes. Ladies, go as whatever you feel most confident as. Don't let anyone persuade you to go as something else simply because it's not their taste. If you want to go as a bunny, be the cutest bunny in the club. If you want to be a classic football player, buy that jersey girl. Women should be most confident in whatever they choose to wear, not what someone else tells them to wear. Have fun this year, ladies, and stay safe.