12 Ways To Cope With Your Post-Interview Paranoia

You checked your email 2 minutes ago, I promise, nothing has changed.

1916
Alesha Wireman

So you had a big interview and you think it went well; that's great! But now what? Welcome to the most irritating waiting game of your life, or at least that's how it feels right now. These next few days, or weeks *shudders*, will take a toll on you. The time you're going to be waiting will likely drive you crazy. You're going to question everything you said during the interview, and the nail-biting tension will set in. The most important thing you can do now is shift your focus to something else and try not to check your email constantly. I know, that's easier said than done; I've been facing the same struggles for a week already.

So with that, I present to you an "after the interview" survival guide compiled by yours truly — a fellow interviewee in waiting.

1. See a new movie

Do yourself a favor and go see "The Greatest Showman." If you've already seen it, you know you want to go see it again.

2. Get crafty

This is your only hint as to what my interview may have been for... I'll keep you posted.

3. Explore a back road you've never driven before

Take a drive or a midnight ride. I drove 20 minutes away from campus and I found this. Enough said.

4. Get lost in a thriftstore

"I'm gonna pop some tags, losin' my mind 'cause I'm tired of waitin'.'' What what, what, what, what what, what, what... is taking them so long to get back to me?

5. Rock out to movie soundtracks

My roommate may argue that I have a problem, but I find nothing wrong with listening to this album on repeat all day.

6. Grab bubble tea with a friend

I tried rose tea and it tastes like flowers. That might seem weird, but you've just gotta try it!

7. Binge a new show on Netflix

Have you ever gotten so attached to a show that the characters start to feel like family? You'll be so invested that you won't even realize how much time you've spent watching, and who doesn't love an excuse to watch Netflix all day?

8. Get a manicure

They say these last two weeks. I'll surely know by then if I got the job, right?

9. Browse through laptop stickers

I probably searched through stickers on RedBubble for a solid week and a half before finally deciding which ones to buy, so this is a definite way to pass time.

10. Try a new drink at Starbs

If you're not sure what to try, order an iced salted caramel mocha or a chai tea latte, maybe you'll find your new favorite!

11. Buy a poem book & some calming essential oils

Seriously the best combo for relaxation and forgetting about everything.

12. Have a study party

Believe it or not, this was actually a lot of fun.

As many times as I've overthought it since I ended my phone interview, I have to say, keeping myself busy has definetely helped some. Have I checked my email too many times? Yes. Am I going crazy? A little. Overall though, I've had a pretty good week...but come on, it's been a week. I'm going to hear back soon, right?