Connie Jordan Reveals the Reasons You Aren't Achieving Your Goals
Health Wellness

Connie Jordan, Las Vegas CEO, Reveals the Real Reasons You Aren't Achieving Your Goals

Achieving your goals is possible, but you must be willing to break old habits and patterns.

164

If you have goals you want to achieve, there are steps you need to take to get there. Getting to where you want to be in life isn't easy. If you aren't achieving your goals, you like many others might be falling into several traps.

Connie Jordan, Las Vegas CEO of Anchor Adversity and Professional Life Coach, is known as an energetic and positive professional who takes pride in supporting others as they engage in self-development to embrace change. Below, Jordan highlights four essential reasons that are hindering your goals and how to overcome these obstacles.

1. You only do the bare minimum

Achieving goals requires hard work. If you want to write a book, but you only write a line a day, it's going to take longer than it should to achieve this goal. In fact, doing the bare minimum can hinder your frame of mind as well. Because you're making such slow progress, you may bore of the project or feel as though your efforts aren't paying off. If you push yourself to do more than you think you can, you're going to make progress and achieve your goal.

2. You don't deal with distractions

Distractions aren't hard to find. The television, phone, social media, and even chores will draw your attention away from what you want to be doing. A task you usually hate will suddenly become more desirable if it helps you avoid the hard work needed to achieve your goal. The problem with letting distractions control your time is that you put off achieving what you want. It's important to remember that just because something distracts you doesn't mean it needs your immediate attention. It's up to you to ignore them. Turn off notifications for texts so that they don't distract you while you're working. Check texts during your break. Creating new habits and patterns will help you to be more successful.

3. You don't have a schedule

Having a schedule can help significantly in not only achieving your goals and also reducing distractions. If you schedule your work and breaks, you will have specific times for checking texts, watching your favorite television show, and chores. A schedule will give you more uninterrupted work time. Creating a schedule is the easy part. Sticking to it will take time to get used to, so don't be too hard on yourself if you fall into old habits in the beginning. The more you work on it, the better you'll get.

4. You aren't open to learning

No matter how good you are at what you do, there is always more to learn. Things can change so rapidly these days that it's important to stay up-to-date on what's happening. You may need to upgrade your skills by taking a course or reading up on the subject. Learning doesn't only occur in the classroom. You can learn by talking to other people in the same business, reading, and exploring the plethora of information online. If you aren't willing to learn, you may hinder yourself from achieving your dreams.

Achieving your goals is possible. If you've attempted to accomplish a goal for a while with little success, you may be falling into common traps. To succeed, you must be willing to break old habits and patterns.

About Connie Jordan:

Connie Jordan, Las Vegas, professional life, career, and executive coach, is the founder and CEO of Anchor Adversity. She is trusted with educating, motivating, and re-branding thousands of individuals' leadership spirit by coaching life strategies. Jordan is known as an energetic and positive professional who takes pride in supporting others as they engage in self-development to embrace change.