Connect The Dots

Connect The Dots

An analogy of the plans God has for you.

12
Connect The Dots

When's the last time you went to Chilis? Do you remember the kid's menus that came with the crayons in the little plastic cups? I remember playing the games in there, especially "connect the dots." When I was younger it was kinda hard to guess what the picture was by just looking at the dots, I would have to carefully trace between all the numbers until it became clearer what it was.

Now that I'm older it's not even worth my time to connect the dots when I can already tell what it's going to be. But, have you seen the harder connect the dots? They are ridiculous. The dots are everywhere and there are so many of them it isn't even worth trying.

Think of those dots like every opportunity God has blessed you with, every experience, every person, every victory, every tragedy, every word, every role, every test. All dots. And they connect. Not only do they connect, but they create an image that you can't even see.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD "

When you see a struggle that doesn't make sense to you, God sees another piece to your story. Do you ever stop and reflect on all the "dots" in your life? I'm sure, like me, you spend a lot of time wondering what the final image would be. But it starts with the dots.

If you want to have a peek at your future, it's time to consider your past. Now, your past certainly does not define you but it does have and influence on your habits and thought patterns. So commit to yourself that you are going to write down - yes pencil and paper - important moments and aspects of your life, good and bad. I pray that God reveals a new purpose for your life.

When you recognize that the small moments add up to the bigger picture, your average day becomes more valuable than it had before. Now that I know this truth, God has been slowly revealing to me all that He has done and is going to do. One thing he spoke to me is that the stars in the sky are similar to the dots in my life.

In ancient times, astronomers would use constellations to map out all the stars in the sky. It was almost impossible to find one specific star without using the constellations to guide them. Constellations were also used to tell stories of greek and roman myths. You are a constellation in the eyes of Christ, you have a place and a story in this world.

Stars don't just come out at night, of course, even when the sun is shining the stars are still in space. God spoke to me that His presence is the same as the stars, bright amongst the darkness and still present in the light of day.

Stars light up the darkness of night and guide sailors on the sea towards home. In the same way, God wants to use his presence and the blessings He has given you to guide you into the promise He has for your life. It's up to you to recognize the constellations in your life and connect the dots.

"Lift up your eyes on high And see who has created these stars, The One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, Not one of them is missing." Isaiah 40:26

God placed the stars in the sky for a reason, just as he places things in your life for His great purpose. He wants to tell a story with your life, and the story of His son whom he sent for you.