Confirmed: "Veggie Tales" Cartoons Are Racist

It's Been Confirmed, 'Veggie Tales' Cartoons Are Racist

Oh, and the British are coming. And the world's on fire.

168
veggie tales

You may have clicked on this article with something like this on your mind: "Veggie Tales? Racist? Can a vegetable even be racist?"

According to a California State University student, presenting a project entitled "Children in the Church" at the school's "Whiteness Forum," yes, they absolutely can be.

Which, by society's standards, this forum is a racist forum in and of itself. Or, it would be, if it wasn't about white people. Imagine the outcry if we hosted a “Blackness Forum," or “Mexican Forum," so we could talk about racism within those groups. The horror.

This particular forum held was part of a class called "The Communication of Whiteness," taught by professor Dreama Moon.

(Which is also racist, right? I'm sure Dreama Moon would be crucified if she taught “The Communication of Saudi Arabians," while implying they had racist tendencies. I love blatant hypocrisy).

At this event, students reportedly presented projects including "White Avoidance," "Civilized vs. Uncivilized," "Kill the Land, Kill the Indian," "White Women's Role in White Supremacy," and "Gun Ownership and Racial Bias."

Students attending the University were invited to discuss specific topics related to systematic racism in America.

Overall themes circulated topics such as the NFL, female Trump supporters (otherwise known as the bane of America's existence, am I right?), and Veggie Tales: an animated cartoon series that depicts Bible stories through two main characters: Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato.

Yeah, I know.

The student argued that when they were humanizing the vegetables, the creators of Veggie Tales clearly aimed to instill racial stereotypes into the impressionable minds of young, church-brain-washed children.

This was said to be accomplished by making "the 'good guys' sound white and the 'bad guys' sound ethnic or Latino."

"When supremacists aim to taint the way children think of people of color, it will work," read the student's extremely informative poster.

"Whiteness in the Bible isn't just seen as "power", it's seen as "good". When kids see the good white character triumph over the bad person of color character they are taught that white is right and minorities are the source of evil."

I would really like to be shown where in the Bible it says that white people are superior, but okay.

I also love how there are absolutely no grounds for this. No citing, no evidence, just an opinion, and people are like: “yeah, you know what? Vegtebales are the worst. This girl is totally right. Ride on, girl. You fight those white supremicist vegetables."

And somehow through this type of blind agreement that these vegetables were indeed racist, this issue was talked about to the point that the former “VeggieTales" writer and narrator Eric Metaxas, actually felt that he needed to respond.

He told PJ Media that the show isn't racist:

"All vegetables are part of one race, even though they are of many colors. They are all descended from the same parents — the Adam and Eve of vegetables, who foolishly ate a forbidden fruit (irony?) and screwed everything up for all vegetables descended from them," Metaxas told PJ Media. "At least I'm pretty sure that's the story."

I basically just wanted you to take a moment out of your day— that was possibly going fine before now— and acknowledge the fact that this is an actual thing that's happening. And people care about it.

Not only did someone accuse vegetables of being racist, despite the fact that vegetables don't have races, but that the writer of this show felt he had to defend these vegetables— the race-less ones.

Welcome to America in 2018.

Gotta love it.

In the mean time, just boycott cucumbers and tomatoes in general.

Just to be on the safe side.