10 Confessions Of A Guitar Hero Junkie

10 Confessions Of A Guitar Hero Junkie

Click, click, clickity, click.

28
10 Confessions Of A Guitar Hero Junkie
gamespot.com

Click, click, clickity, click, click. Yes, that's the sound of a wicked Guitar Hero solo in progress.

As a senior in college, I have found that while most students are going out to parties and meeting friends at the bars, I am glued to the couch with a plastic red guitar in my hand playing in a fictitious band with my roommate.

So, after many hours of dedication and multiple games beat at the expert level, I have a few confessions to make.

1. You know the guitar notes better than the lyrics.

After many hours of band practice and time spent learning the precious solos, I have mastered the art of singing the note sounds rather than the actual lyrics to the songs.

2. Resisting the urge to play air guitar in public.

I have found myself walking through the grocery store and hearing a song from Guitar Hero and miraculously finding the self-control to resist the urge to play the guitar solo.

3. Facing the fact that you'll never perfect a song on expert.

No matter how many times you take your band into the practice room, no matter how many times you slow down the song to see EXACTLY what notes you're playing, perfecting a song on expert is a crisis that only Guitar Hero junkies will understand.

4. Coming to terms with your early on-set arthritis.

One may believe that playing Guitar Hero for six hours straight will really strengthen your hand muscles, but I dare you to try to pry the guitar from my stiff, calloused hands.

5. Turning the TV volume up to drown out the clicking.

Being able to hear the clicking of the guitar is a satisfying feeling when you're slaying the song, but there are a few times where you actually want to belt out the lyrics and in order to do that, you break down and turn up the volume a few notches.

6. Canceling plans with friends because you have a full day of GH ahead

There may have been one or 12 times when I had to turn down a few of my friends due to the fact that I had come home determined to nail the solo in "Hotel California." Sorry, friends, rock 'n' roll calls.

7. Realizing at 3 a.m. that you've been playing for 12 hours

I was only meaning to sit on the couch and play a few of my favorite songs after class. Before I realized it, I had unlocked 30 songs and earned $20,000. It's not easy being a rock star.

8. Beating the game in one day is job application worthy.

As many Guitar Hero junkies may know, it takes talent and dedication to achieve what seems like the impossible: beating the entire game in one day. When you finally do accomplish the seemingly impossible, you want everyone to know, even your future employers. It's right up there with watching an entire season of a show on Netflix in one day.

9. Picking up a guitar and knowing you're a rock star.

There are very few things that I'm absolutely sure of in this world, but one of them is knowing that when I pick up that little plastic guitar, my talent is in high demand and I have stadiums and arenas waiting for me to blow their minds.

10. Mourning the fact that you're still playing on a PS2

Now, although I'm 22-years-old, I'm also a college student. Updating my gaming system just hasn't been in the cards for me, so I have to accept the fact that while some people get to enjoy the new Guitar Hero that was just released, I'm still rocking on the PlayStation 2.