Concordia Unversity Chicago's New Club: Nursing Club

New club on campus for anyone studying to be a nurse.

84
rawpixel, CC0 Creative Commons

With the start of the new semester, and new year, and hopefully continuiny to encourage other students to join in the next coming years, a new club emerged on campus: Nursing Club.
Nursing Club’s first meeting was held in the KCC with complimentary refreshments and an outline of what this club will want to include in their next meetings.

President of the club, Yeshwanth Rayappan and Vice president of the club, Sarah Stevens with Dr. Reigstad (adivosr) hosted the first meeting for this club on March 2nd, 2018 and their meetings now meet every Monday at 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in KZ room 104.

Rayappan and Stevens who are both nursing majors came up with the idea of starting a nursing club
as a way to bring together students who are interested in the medical field or want to become a nurse and perfect their skills as well as find time amongst their hectic schedule to have a group study session for the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam that they have to take.

“Since the club is very new we don’t have all the things we plan to do yet, but we do plan on incorporating Resurrection University visit days, a CPR course, and guest speakers. We also plan on preparing each other for[the courses] we need to take for the nursing major and medical news,” said Stevens.

Although the Club might correlate with the Pre-Med club, this club focuses more on future nursing
students.

“Almost anyone that has an interest in the healthcare field can join this club, but it is strictly geared towards Nursing club. It is directly related to the nursing program in which we are all focusing on it towards the near future,” said Rayappan.