A Concept: For The Graduating College Student

You have graduated and you never have to write another tailored cover letter again.

320
@waadzup on Instagram

A concept:

The spring semester is over. You have passed all your classes (with flying colors, maybe?). You have graduated!

Your days of looking for a ~real~ job have paid off. You've scored an awesome position with an awesome company. You start Monday. You will have a SALARY!!! You are excited, mostly because you no longer have to spend hours on LinkedIn searching for jobs or writing tailored cover letters for every position you apply for, but also for the experience you talked about having at your post-grad career in one of those many cover letters.

You have found an apartment with reasonable rent. It is pet-friendly and has laundry in the unit (literally what more could you need?). It is expensive to fill with furniture and decorate, but little by little you are making it your own.

Your plan for your life is falling into place. It wasn't exactly how you had pictured it, and there were plenty of bumps along the way; sleepless nights, anxiety about the future, dream jobs that declined you, trying to overcome senioritis, etc. But you made it. And you are happy with where you are.

But life might not go this way.

And that is OK! Maybe you didn't score a great job after college, you move back home, you go back to your seasonal summertime job, and you feel stuck. You might see all your friends in the position you wanted to be in and feel like you did something wrong. You didn't.

Your time will come, I promise. Maybe your plan needs a little adjusting, or maybe the perfect job for you just isn't looking for applicants yet. Be patient. Be patient with yourself. It's easy to compare yourself to others, but you have to try not to because life is not a race and you are not behind. Just because you aren't where you think you should be doesn't mean you're not exactly where you should be. Everything will work out, and it isn't a matter of if, but when. Keep chasing your dreams and that life you want, and it will happen because you will make it happen.