A Complete Guide To Saint Mary's College

Everything and more that you need to know about Saint Mary's College.

37
Molly Grimes

Saint Mary's is not just a college, it's a lifestyle. If you go to Saint Mary's, you know exactly what I'm talking about and if you don't, you're going to wish you did.

When you take your first drive down the Avenue, you know that this is going to be your home away from home for the next four years of your life. There is nothing more exciting than that first glimpse of your castle...otherwise known as Le Mans. This place is magical and the memories you and your friends make are forever. As I reminisce on my past three years here at Saint Mary's, there are a few things that everyone needs to know or be reminded of about this place:

You do not want to miss out on Midnight Breakfast.

What is better than tater tots and bacon? Tater tots, bacon, and table dancing in the dining hall during finals week! It's even better when President Cervelli makes a cameo in the congo line.

Complete strangers become your sisters.

A stranger you share a class with and live across the hall from will quickly become your confidant. You are around them 24/7 so they will know what makes you laugh and cry. They are also your go-to when you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to take a late night Steak and Shake run with.

Class at 9:00 am? Wake up at 8:45 am.

The best part of going to such a small school is the short walk time to class. You can practically get from one end of campus to the other in under ten minutes flat. Makes it easy to roll out of bed fifteen minutes before class and still be there early.

There is only one place to be on Thursday nights.

Club Fever, Michiana's hottest night club... I think this speaks for itself. (Disclaimer: must be 21+).

Jimmy Johns literally sucks the soul out of your Munch Money.

When you don't want to eat in the dining hall (which is every day), Jimmy John's is first on your speed dial. Add a drink and chips to your order and you are well on your way to a Munch Money balance of $0.00.

Blinkie is a godsend.

When you're sitting in your car after your aforementioned Steak and Shake run, there's nothing better than seeing Blinkie round the corner to take you safely back to your dorm.

The best day of your life will be the day your Saint Mary's ring comes in the mail.

Saint Mary's is all about tradition and the biggest tradition of them all is the class ring. You dream about the day you get to put it on and have a photo shoot around campus. #ringsdoingthings am I right?!