Colton Underwood Is The Bachelor For Season 22

Colton Is The Next Bachelor So Excuse Me While I Go Sign Up For Auditions

We're in for a long season of a whole lot of Colton Underwood and I'm not mad about it.

2109

So the rumors were true, Colton sweet Colton is taking over The Bachelor for season 22. As much as I thought Wills deserved this Colton was a close second in my mind. From the moment he stepped out of that limo with 2 confetti poppers I was smitten, and obviously so was Becca. She looked past the fact that he dated Tia because LOOK AT HIM (and because production made her keep him because the next episode consisted of an awkward Tia run in and the whole making good TV thing).

Instagram/@coltonunderwood

Colton has been production's favorite from the beginning. He is the perfect man. He made it to the NFL then quit to run a non-profit, like what? He's a virgin (how?). He posts pictures with puppies every other day and work-out, naked body pics on the other days. He's not afraid of his emotions, I mean, c'mon is he even a real person?

I was initially confused about why they didn't pick Jason or Wills. I 100% did not want Jason to be the Bachelor, but he was also dramatic and emotional, he made it farther on the show, and he was widely loved for his gentlemanliness and being an all around good guy, but Colton is just better... Wills could easily have been the first African-American Bachelor, but production passed up that opportunity and well Colton may be worth it.

Instagram/@coltonunderwood

Colton's Bachelorette journey was dramatic. First, he dated Tia right before the show, and Becca decided to look past it. Next, he reveals that he is a virgin (again how?), and Becca gets up to contemplate how it could be possible that COLTON, FORMER NFL PLAYER, HOTTEST GUY EVER TO EXIST, IS A VIRGIN, and America crucified her for it. I'm right there with you girl I don't understand it, either.

Instagram/@coltonunderwood

After that somewhat blew over hometowns came around and Colton was in love. He had fallen for Becca and felt secure in making it to the fantasy suites. So secure that he talked to Chris Harrison about what to expect from the fantasy suite in the coming weeks. A choice that shocked Colton and the entire nation, Becca gave Jason a rose that sent Colton packing. Now Colton sees that Tia ruined it for him telling Becca that she still has feelings for him...

Instagram/@coltonunderwood

Which brings me to Colton's paradise journey that was just as dramatic as his time on the Bachelorette. Colton and Tia reunite in paradise, and since Colton has nothing better to do, he settles for Tia to shut her up. I mean, what other option did he have? She would have sabotaged anything he had with anyone else anyway. After a long not-so-paradise of the Colton and Tia show, Colton decides that he's just not that into Tia, and here we are with Colton facing many tough decisions in the near future.

Based on his interview with GMA this morning, Colton can't wait to start his Bachelor adventure. He couldn't stop smiling. He confirmed that he is, in fact, looking for an engagement and a wedding shortly thereafter. In his Instagram post announcing his Bachelor reign he captions, "Time to find a wife."

That wife is me. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Excuse me will I sign up for this season of the Bachelor because the perfect man doesn't come around that often. Keep an eye out for me ;)

P.s. I should seriously become a professional Bachelor analyst. I'm getting pretty good at this.