Longwood Color Wars: Round Two

Longwood Color Wars: Round Two

The colors seem to keep getting brighter.

21
Personal Image
Personal Photo

A couple of weeks ago, Longwood University had another wonderful annual tradition come to life once again. As one of the more popular and well-recognized traditions at Longwood, Color Wars helps kick off Oktoberfest weekend for everyone to celebrate. Despite people being part of either Red Class or Green Class, Color Wars has a way of bringing all Longwood students together as Lancers.

At first, I honestly was not sure I would make it to the event, mainly because I kept forgetting what day it was happening due to school keeping me a little busier than usual. The past couple of weeks had been the kind where school work swept up enough of my mind that I could only remember and focus on up and coming events from moment to moment.

Thankfully, my wonderful roommate kept reminding me about a sweet enthusiasm in her voice. All of my friends made it, covered in sunglasses and either crisp, new white shirts to be drowned in paint or clothes already doused in paint, ripe and ready for new colors to be splashed in.

I got stand with my friends and a bunch of my sorority sisters by my side. The milky haze of the giant paint tubs felt cold splashing over my back, chest, and even my face a little bit, yet I recall how my laughter and giddy excitement over the whole event kept me running around, warm and joyful for the first time in a few weeks.

Color Wars carries a tremendous amount of student pride at Longwood University, and we really would not have it any other way. Red and Green make Blue in a Lancer's world, but Color Wars creates a wild, genuine experience of memories for all of us Lancers to look back on and look forward to as the years go by.