Small Town Fights Cancer With 'Collin Cares'

Defy the hand you're dealt

106
Pexels.com

If you're reading this it's because I shared it on my page or maybe you are several shares through the process, but please don't stop sharing.

Collin Cares is a foundation. A foundation to whom those in a small town called Medina hold very dear, and the person who started it they hold even dearer.

His name was Collin Kiousis. I didn't know much about him outside of being the class goofball in high school. He was always full of life and he fought for that until the very end. Although it pains me and so many others to have lost someone who was a part of our community, it brings me a bit of peace that he is no longer hurting. He may be gone, but his legacy and his foundation live on.

Collin was diagnosed with cancer in high school (2014) and recently lost the battle, but this isn't a sad article about how a boy I went to high school with died but about how he lived. Shortly after being diagnosed he started a foundation.The foundation is called 'Collin Cares Cure Cancer'. The foundation raises awareness about cancer and helps those in need.

One boy, well, one man created something so big in our little town. Collin Cares has had countless fundraisers and sold merchandise. All proceeds go to the foundation he built.

He was taken too soon and he will live on in the hearts of those he has touched and definitely Medina, the small town he left behind. There are many things he didn't get to do, but he was loved by many.

If you're interested in helping with the family or Collin Cares Foundation, please feel free to make a donation or any words you'd like to share.

Rest easy Collin, you truly showed me and our town what it's like to defy the hand you are dealt.