Colleges Offering Support To Students After Election Results Revealed

13

As the election results were finalized with Donald Trump’s surprising win, Colleges through out the United States took steps to help their students overcome their fears for the future. Colleges and Universities throughout the United States took steps to ensure their students were comforted after Trump’s victory. At Cornell University, students gathered for a Cry In, where professors offered tissues and hot chocolate to upset students. At Tuft’s University, students were encouraged to participate in Arts & Crafts opportunities. At the University of Kansas, students were permitted to attend a counseling office where they could play with play dough and therapy dogs instead of going to class. At Rollins College, students engaged in meaningful dialog with professors and trusted faculty members to express their feelings in a confidential manner.

While colleges and Universities throughout the United States are being commended by parents, how much support is too much?

Through out the United States, colleges and Universities have utilized different methods of supporting their students after the election. While it is important for students to engage in meaningful dialog concerning major current events, sometimes adults give too much support to a generation of Americans who are already given a bad reputation for being weak. College is the four-year period of becoming an adult. Students learn about themselves and eventually move on to bigger and better things. There will be multiple times during the course of one’s life where he or she will not get what they want. The reality is that if we do not get what we want in life, life still goes on. Exams must be administered and completed to the best of one’s ability. Class must still be attended. Meetings will not be postponed in the real world.

While the election may be hard to process for many, the best way to overcome grief is to move on from it. Enjoy the opportunities that come your way. No one knew the real future of the nation, regardless of the outcome of the election. Continue to vote in the next primaries, and enjoy the next four years.